PTA Questionnaire for Undergrad Assignment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtcash1487

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently an undergrad student at UNG, with plans to take the PTA route, and I need some help completing an assignment for one of my for current courses. We were tasked with creating and presenting a presentation over the career that we intend to pursue. In doing so, we must "interview" an individual that currently works in the career field that we are interested in. So, being that I'm interested in the PTA field, I need a current PTA to help me by completing the "interview" questions that I have. There are 15 questions total, so I don't expect anyone to sit down and answer all of them, but if you're a PTA and could take the time answer a few of the questions, so that they are all eventually answered, I would greatly appreciate it!

Questions:
1. How long have you worked as a PTA?
2. Was PTA your first intended major in college?
3. Why did you choose this field?
4. How long did it take you to find employment in this field after completing the required schooling?
5. What is your favorite aspect of your job?
6. What is your least favorite aspect of your job?
7. What is a typical day like for you?
8. What are your normal hours?
9. What is the dress code?
10. Do you often have to work overtime or on the weekends?
11. How well did college prepare you for this job?
12. Do you regret, or have you ever regretted, taking the PTA route instead of the PT route?
13. On a scale 1-5, with 1 being never and 5 being daily, how often does your work as a PTA carry over to your life away from work?
14. If you could go back in time, would you choose to enter this career field again?
15. Is there any advice or suggestions that you would give to an aspiring PTA?

Members don't see this ad.