PT school questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stive112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been out of school for the past two years due to supporting my wife while she finishes her degree and I will be entering PT school in the Fall 2010 at Wheeling Jesuit University (i deferred this year). My questions are about what I should be reviewing before entering the program? I feel like I have forgotten everything I have learned and I hate that. At this point I have been reviewing my anatomy origins, insertions, nerve innervations and such, and to my advantage I have continued working at a private PT clinic so i'm learning everyday. Do you go over chemistry and physics, exercise phys/nutrition much in PT school. I know class 1,2,3 levers will be discussed, but how in depth. I'm really nervous about school and what to expect so if anyone has some excellent advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you are already preparing enough before PT school. Of course taking pre-reqs prepares you for those classes in school, but they won't expect you to know everything, so I wouldn't go over things like chem or physics. I would think anatomy is the most important topic to review.

So I have been out of school for the past two years due to supporting my wife while she finishes her degree and I will be entering PT school in the Fall 2010 at Wheeling Jesuit University (i deferred this year). My questions are about what I should be reviewing before entering the program? I feel like I have forgotten everything I have learned and I hate that. At this point I have been reviewing my anatomy origins, insertions, nerve innervations and such, and to my advantage I have continued working at a private PT clinic so i'm learning everyday. Do you go over chemistry and physics, exercise phys/nutrition much in PT school. I know class 1,2,3 levers will be discussed, but how in depth. I'm really nervous about school and what to expect so if anyone has some excellent advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Don't study chemistry. Physics is already covered in Biomechanics. So anatomy review should be enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just look over your anatomy stuff like said above. PT is centered around anatomy. Also, the lever stuff was only a very small section of my biomechanics classes but good to know nonetheless. Don't stress too much. Enjoy your time off before PT school!

Just look over your anatomy stuff like said above. PT is centered around anatomy. Also, the lever stuff was only a very small section of my biomechanics classes but good to know nonetheless. Don't stress too much. Enjoy your time off before PT school!
What should i expect out of the biomechanics class (goniometer measurements and such, also what about physiology?)

What should i expect out of the biomechanics class (goniometer measurements and such, also what about physiology?)

Well... you will be taking pathophysiology so if you have time, review some diseases like CP, spina bifida, MS etc...

I meman you can't really get urself ready for all of those classes. Try not stress urself out by trying to study for each class.

Well... you will be taking pathophysiology so if you have time, review some diseases like CP, spina bifida, MS etc...

I meman you can't really get urself ready for all of those classes. Try not stress urself out by trying to study for each class.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I do have to stop stressing myself out, I usually function better on stress though. lol