psychiatry residency opening at university of wisconsin madison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychalicious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to spread the word that there will be an open second year psych spot at the university of wisconsin in madison for july 2008, or maybe sooner, if a well qualified person was available to join the first year class.

i am currently a first year resident in the program and have been very happy with the atmosphere and training thusfar. work hours are really managable and flexible. there is NO overnight call first, third, or fourth year. Second year is a measley q8. the patient population is diverse as are the training opportunities. The residents are friendly. The attendings are very approachable and teaching oriented. Plus, madison is so hip and an awesome place to live.

if you have more questions about the program or my experience thusfar, reply, drop me a message, or visit the website (http://www.psychiatry.wisc.edu/residency). Otherwise, for information on applying, please contact the program training director, Dr. Walaszek. He can be reached via email at [email protected].

Applications from psych and non-psych residents as well as med students graduating off cycle will be considered. More important than a strong psych background is finding a really well qualified applicant who would be happy and fit well into our program.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I am a Foriegn medical graduate with two months of psych observorship at University of Alabama, a upcoming publication and 7 months of clinical research with active patient assesment. I have USMLE Step 3 and an MPH. I am currently on employment authorization and good to start. I am interested in joining this position and will be happy to go foraward on it.
If you are interested kindly reply.

Thanks

Hi!
I am a Foriegn medical graduate with two months of psych observorship at University of Alabama, a upcoming publication and 7 months of clinical research with active patient assesment. I have USMLE Step 3 and an MPH. I am currently on employment authorization and good to start. I am interested in joining this position and will be happy to go foraward on it.
If you are interested kindly reply.

Thanks

did you e mail the person above listed as the contact? You can't expect someone to be checking a message board and running a residency program. E mail them and see if the spot is filled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I did send a note and my resume to the contact listed above besides a reply to the message.
Thanks for your interest.

Just wanted to spread the word that there will be an open second year psych spot at the university of wisconsin in madison for july 2008, or maybe sooner, if a well qualified person was available to join the first year class.

i am currently a first year resident in the program and have been very happy with the atmosphere and training thusfar. work hours are really managable and flexible. there is NO overnight call first, third, or fourth year. Second year is a measley q8. the patient population is diverse as are the training opportunities. The residents are friendly. The attendings are very approachable and teaching oriented. Plus, madison is so hip and an awesome place to live.

if you have more questions about the program or my experience thusfar, reply, drop me a message, or visit the website (http://www.psychiatry.wisc.edu/residency). Otherwise, for information on applying, please contact the program training director, Dr. Walaszek. He can be reached via email at [email protected].

Applications from psych and non-psych residents as well as med students graduating off cycle will be considered. More important than a strong psych background is finding a really well qualified applicant who would be happy and fit well into our program.

I am a seasoned Canadian graduate who has completed 1 year of psych residency at McMaster U many years ago. Does your program have a requirement of being a recent med school grad or having recent clinical experience?