Psychiatrist with questions about mid-level providers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atexpsych

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I had posted a similar message in the psychiatry thread and haven't received much help so I thought I would try this thread. I am currently an outpatient solo practitioner and I have been building a successful clinic over the last 3 years. I am at a point now where I would like to start working with an NP or PA but I am very limited in my knowledge about how to get this all started. I recognize that I practice in a 'restricted practice' state and I am familiar with the rules of physician delegation. Where I am needing help is in understanding things such as hiring (indeed.com I suppose?) as well as contract vs salary role, do they start part time and build up their own patient census or do I hand off my patients to them? I am also completely in the dark about how the whole compensation distribution would work. Does anyone know of any resources I could tap into or have any guidance they could provide? Thank you everyone for your time.

Members don't see this ad.