Position Available psychiatric office assistant (work from home)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harryTruman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN-ers,
I am a psychiatrist who provides practices psych services via telehealth. I am tossing this out there to the SDN network, knowing this is not the *ideal* job for yall out there, but maybe there is someone who it would appeal to, or maybe you know someone who might be interested. I am looking for someone who has interest in psychiatry/mental illness and running a private practice, to help me with answering the calls, scheduling, and taking care of billing. I can teach you everything you need to know. I'd like you to be able to commit to this position for 1 year.

If you are interested in learning how to run a private practice, learning billing, learning telehealth codes, contracts, and you have flexible hours and looking to make extra money, this would be for you.

You must own the following: a computer, internet connection, iphone, and free time throughout the day to answer calls.

Expectations:
  • Answer the phone via VoIP line with app called RingRx that you would install on your phone and it would ring your cell phone.
  • You are expected to answer the vast majority (>90%) of the calls, and if you don't answer them, respond within an hour.
  • You would then say a routine script to the caller, describe the practice, and get their insurance info and email address. You would then email the patient a templated email, and log the call in a spreadsheet that is online.
  • The email should be sent promptly, preferably within 10 minutes, and the spreadsheet logged at minimum of twice a day.
  • You can answer the calls from anywhere, provided there is no noise in the background that would demonstrate a lack of professionalism.
Other responsibilities would include:
  • Assisting with coordinating schedules of various employees, patients, and other events.
  • Routinely reviewing billing status of prior claims, and handling these appropriately to be resolved.
  • Communicating with insurance companies to handle billing issues and other inquiries.
  • Communicating with pharmacies and other healthcare professionals who call, email, or send messages through the website, to respond to their inquiries.
  • Writing various content for social media/marketing
Compensation:
  • Pay is $15/hr, and to start you should expect to work approx 1-2 hours per day, split up throughout the day. In the coming months, the number of hours per day would increase to ~4 hrs/day.
  • You would be considered and independent contractor, and no other benefits will be provided.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
I can help you. Do you also do research? I need to apply for residency next year in psychiatry. Can I do observership with you. Thanks
My email is [email protected]