Psych major VS psych minor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinda0812

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore in college when I first got here I was a psych major because I wanted to be a psychiatrist, then I wanted to become a surgeon so I switched to bio but now I want to be a psychiatrist again so would it be ok if I was a psych minor and a BBH (bio behavioral health) major or should I switch my major back to psych? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should definitely post this in the Psychiatry forum - or probably just the general med student forums - somewhere over on the medical boards. However, I do know that as long as your taking all the necessary prerequisites, you could major in ventriloquism for all the powers that be are concerned, if that's what floats your boat. A bio major with a psych minor sounds like a solid foundation for psychiatry to me.

You should definitely post this in the Psychiatry forum - or probably just the general med student forums - somewhere over on the medical boards. However, I do know that as long as your taking all the necessary prerequisites, you could major in ventriloquism for all the powers that be are concerned, if that's what floats your boat. A bio major with a psych minor sounds like a solid foundation for psychiatry to me.[/QUOT
Thank you for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I had posted this is the psychiatry forum.