pros/cons of urology...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gooze

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've seen other threads with pros/cons list of "X" specialty where current residents/attendings share their thoughts...jsut wondering if uro residents/attendings or anyone else would help in make a pros/cons list for urology????

Members don't see this ad.

pros - good lifestyle among surgical careers, high pay, interesting anatomy, cutting edge technology
cons - weird looks from laypeople, interesting anatomy, GU stuff

on that note, how did the urology match go today for applicants here? i wish there was more SDN/online info for urology hopefuls, it's hard to gauge as a med student.

pros - good lifestyle among surgical careers, high pay, interesting anatomy, cutting edge technology
cons - weird looks from laypeople, interesting anatomy, GU stuff

on that note, how did the urology match go today for applicants here? i wish there was more SDN/online info for urology hopefuls, it's hard to gauge as a med student.

You could just go to urologymatch.com to see where everyone matched this year, if you're curious. (I would also like to add that every urology resident I've come across is incredibly cute, but then again, I'm biased.)