Army Profiling and MEB question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is entirely self-serving. I'm not getting into details, but I'm pretty far removed from this entire process and would appreciate any clarification.

Here's the gist. After 10 years of getting nowhere, I finally got a diagnosis and treatment for something. I was given a P3 (or maybe P4?) with certain duty limitations, but noticed that the profile references being referred to a, "MAR2 Board". What the heck does it mean for a MC officer to be referred to a MAR2? What's the process? And what happens after the results of the MAR2?

Based on my understanding, shouldn't this have gone straight to a MEB? Will it go to the MAR2, then MEB? I'm very confused.

I'm not really interested in "gaining" anything from it in terms of a VA rating or separation (which I know won't happen anyway). I just want to know what to expect. I also don't trust the system to actually work the way it's supposed to, so I want to know what should happen so I can keep an eye on it.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Gotcha. I suspected this was an odd way to try and circumvent the MEB. But, the profile itself includes specific duty limitations and, I believe, deployment limitations. This is second hand knowledge, though, as I still don't have eprofile access, so I can't look for myself.

They'll probably try to reclass you as a chiropractor. I mean, it's just another kind of doc, so you should be able to handle it.

Members don't see this ad :)
A mar2 is a reclass board. An MEB Is a fitness for retention evaluation and separation board. If I remember correctl , you're in anesthesia? I can't imagine what they would "reclass" you as. The only thing I could think is that they stick you permanently in a CONUS MEB clinic reviewing physicals for the duration of your time in service. Maybe they'll make you a quartermaster. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This all sounds wrong. You have to already have been through a MEB to get a P3 or P4 profile which is only valid if signed by the senior profiling authority which is usually the division surgeon or the DCCS of the hospital depending on the installation. Not any doc can just write a P3 or P4 profile anymore, you write temporary profile and then refer them to an MEB and once completed of the MEB determines you meet retention standards per AR 40-501 chapter 3 then you get a permanent profile and in most cases referred for a PEB which can then determine if you are fit or unfit for duty. The MAR2 process deals with specific limitations to certain jobs and is most commonly used for hearing loss to reclass someone.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile