Professional Liability Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChargerSRT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to make sure that I am not under insured.

I just graduated and I will start work next month with a chain. I took out HPSO professional liability insurance with $1,000,000/$3,000,000 aggregate.

I talked to a financial planner/insurance agent about professional liability insurance, and he doesn’t have much experience with pharmacists and doesn't seem to know what limits I should have. (This also told me I should probably hire a different financial planner.)

Anyway, I want to make sure that I am not under insured. My financial planner suggested I talk to other pharmacists about what kind of liability limits they have.

Fortunately, I am working for a chain. But I still worry about making a mistake this year, being sued, and loosing a portion of my salary each year for the rest of my life.

I would appreciate any advise you may have.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Liability insurance is really inexpensive to buy and its definitely a good idea to have it, there are several scenarios where you may not be covered by your employers insurance.

Liability insurance is really inexpensive to buy and its definitely a good idea to have it, there are several scenarios where you may not be covered by your employers insurance.

Like I said in the post, I already have a HPSO professional liability insurance policy with $1,000,000/$3,000,000 aggregate. My question is:

Is this enough?

Do you know anyone who's already practicing? Maybe one of your preceptors? You could ask them what they have, or you could just go to any local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist what they have.