Procrastinating on Everything Until You Have Your Scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neoncandle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have found that I have been literally putting my whole life on hold until I have my scores. I have been using it as an excuse to avoid everything from my personal statement to apartment shopping.

Tiffany

Members don't see this ad.

I am still completing activities of daily living, but I am waiting to send in my AMCAS, which has been done for WEEKS...and I know that I'll be "lost" in the rush that ensues to submit post-MCAT score release...

dc

Yah...I think I've only had one meal today...half of a nap...and a garbage truck load of anxiety...I'm even putting off going to a party to get my MCAT scores first!! GO ME! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. Feeling like a moth being drawn to the bug zapper! I can't look away! All I want to do is sit on the web and wait for the scores even knowing I have a calc test tomorrow. :(

count me in..
I just got a new bottle of jack, and I haven't opened it because of these scores. All weekend it has been calling me, but I can't bring myself to drink when Im this nervous.
Oh well, maybe a couple of shots tonight will help me sleep.

my apartment, my dog, my friends and family, job, applications...all have been suffering the neglect. It seems I simply don't have time for anything but napping and checking the Thx site 4 billion times a day. Ugh.

EvoDevo said:
:laugh: I'm trying to work but my mind is soooo much in another place. :D

Me too! And I wanted to set it up so that I do not have much to do at work tomorrow because I know that either way good or bad I am going to be worthless, but my cells will not be ready for my prep until tomorrow! Grrrr!

I'm going to local pub, come home to check every hour, on the hour after 9pm, and then go back to pub to digest my scores. Assuming they do come out tonight, of course. Otherwise I will pass out by midnight. This sucks

Wahooali said:
Me too! And I wanted to set it up so that I do not have much to do at work tomorrow because I know that either way good or bad I am going to be worthless, but my cells will not be ready for my prep until tomorrow! Grrrr!
LOL....I've got nothing planned for tomorrow...and either way I'm going to be useless.

Good :luck: to everyone! 30+ all around!

When folks say last years results were up 9-10pm the night before the expected release date are they talking PST, CST or EST? Anyone know? Thanks