Procedures during critical care fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nephrondoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the average number of procedures you get to do during a critical care fellowship. The average numbers at my shop are:

Central lines:100
A-lines:30
Intubations:50
Bronchoscopies:80
Lumbar puncture:10
Thoracentesis:15
Paracentesis:30

Members don't see this ad.

Central Lines: 200, A-lines 150, Tubes 150, bronch's 50, LPs much less (10?), thoracentesis/pigtail/chest tubes (30), paracentesis 15.

A lot of theses are done in conjunction with residents with me supervising, some shops don't have residents so they do all of them. I had a lot of CVCs intubations and chest tubes before I came to fellowship. Had never bronch'ed, and basically never put an A-line in (maybe a couple) so I did all of these while in fellowship especially axillary and femoral arterial access.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anybody tell me the average number of procedures you get to do during a critical care fellowship. The average numbers at my shop are:

I can do those or more in 2-3 months in our Icu. Minus the bronchs, not that many in Icu.

nephrondoc and tartesos - which programs are you guys at?

It matters based on what you come in with right? In terms of how many you are interested in doing during fellowship.
I did 200+ lines, 80+ art lines and around 90 airways....during medicine residency. Plus about 10-15 swans, 15-20 dialysis catheters, 10-15 chest tubes. I had very few para/thora, our IR guys wouldn't work with the residents. And I got to do like 4 -5 bronchs.

But from what I've heard, like any fellowship, it's where you train and the competing specialties. I have a few friends who had very few procedures during plum/cc outside of bronch as the surgery residents and surgery/cc fellows did most of them. I have others who had little to compete with and did huge amounts of procedures. I presume these numbers can vary greatly

It matters based on what you come in with right? In terms of how many you are interested in doing during fellowship.
I did 200+ lines, 80+ art lines and around 90 airways....during medicine residency. Plus about 10-15 swans, 15-20 dialysis catheters, 10-15 chest tubes. I had very few para/thora, our IR guys wouldn't work with the residents. And I got to do like 4 -5 bronchs.

But from what I've heard, like any fellowship, it's where you train and the competing specialties. I have a few friends who had very few procedures during plum/cc outside of bronch as the surgery residents and surgery/cc fellows did most of them. I have others who had little to compete with and did huge amounts of procedures. I presume these numbers can vary greatly

These numbers are pretty nuts for residency now days. If you graduated recently, im very impressed. As an ED resident i only have 15 CT, my IM colleagues have none. Lines less than 10 for IM, for me maybe 50.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

In terms of competency, all those numbers seem low (freely admit to having no idea what the learning curve looks like for bronchs). Are the majority of the patients coming prepackaged from OR/ED or is it that the fellows are all coming from extraordinarily procedure heavy IM programs.

These numbers are pretty nuts for residency now days. If you graduated recently, im very impressed. As an ED resident i only have 15 CT, my IM colleagues have none. Lines less than 10 for IM, for me maybe 50.

Less than 10 lines?!?!
That's nuts.
I graduated in 2011 and I did more than that in given a month even on wards!
We had 36 Icu beds and no fellows mind you, but 10 it's too low a number for a residency.

Not at all, if it's a community hospital. During my intern year, I did about... 1.5. :)

Many internists are not really attracted to procedures, so they will do the required minimum and that's it.

In terms of competency, all those numbers seem low (freely admit to having no idea what the learning curve looks like for bronchs). Are the majority of the patients coming prepackaged from OR/ED or is it that the fellows are all coming from extraordinarily procedure heavy IM programs.

It's probably enough central lines, thoras, and paras to be competent. It's enough bronchs to be able to BAL but definitely not enough to probably ever be comfortable with biopsy. Art lines are just tricky bitches and I'm not convinced there is a "competence" level with them especially in sick, edematous patients on a couple of pressors - I suppose you need enough to know when to say "**** it" and just put it in the fem or say "**** it" and do your best without it, though admittedly I'm not a big user of arterial lines, but I feel confident and comfortable putting them anywhere, especially with the U/S.

The intubations is "good numbers" for IM fellowship training but still low for anything close to competence I think. I still am always very cautious with intubations, and I don't often paralyze to be honest. I get set up, I'll increase sedation, and I'll see if they bag well. If all of that goes well I'll push an induction agent and go for it, but if anything smells "off" to me, I request anesthesia to be present/do it. If the patient is really crumping fast, I have them call for anesthesia, and then I just RSI and go for it with the glidescope. I've not missed one yet, but I like to know that anesthesia is on the way in these situations. The guys I work with a nice about it too. Intubation is the big hole in IM and IM fellowship training for critical care.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to get an idea about minimal number of intubations: in anesthesia, we say that the learning curve begins to plateau somewhere after 200 intubations. Meaning that you learn the most during the first 200.

We probably do at least 1500 during residency, so don't worry about it. Regardless how many you do during your fellowship, you'll never become 100% competent at it; even we get in trouble occasionally (unexpected difficult airway), and that's in the OR (which is a way better place to intubate). What you need to know is to predict that a patient will need to get intubated in the next hour(s), and when to call for help (before you try alone and make it an emergency).

Also, you do need to learn how to properly ventilate any patient by mask +/- oral/nasal airway, including with an LMA, if needed, thus buying time till the anesthesia team arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
It's probably enough central lines, thoras, and paras to be competent. It's enough bronchs to be able to BAL but definitely not enough to probably ever be comfortable with biopsy. Art lines are just tricky bitches and I'm not convinced there is a "competence" level with them especially in sick, edematous patients on a couple of pressors - I suppose you need enough to know when to say "**** it" and just put it in the fem or say "**** it" and do your best without it, though admittedly I'm not a big user of arterial lines, but I feel confident and comfortable putting them anywhere, especially with the U/S.

The intubations is "good numbers" for IM fellowship training but still low for anything close to competence I think. I still am always very cautious with intubations, and I don't often paralyze to be honest. I get set up, I'll increase sedation, and I'll see if they bag well. If all of that goes well I'll push an induction agent and go for it, but if anything smells "off" to me, I request anesthesia to be present/do it. If the patient is really crumping fast, I have them call for anesthesia, and then I just RSI and go for it with the glidescope. I've not missed one yet, but I like to know that anesthesia is on the way in these situations. The guys I work with a nice about it too. Intubation is the big hole in IM and IM fellowship training for critical care.

If you're only line is an U/S guided IJ then 100 sounds sufficient, I was basing CVL numbers being low from my landmark-based training which I guess is just not done anymore. The anesthesiologists and interventionalists swear that there's a point where A-lines become fool-proof, but it's way more than the typical EM doc gets. Agree with 50 tubes being way too low for competence, that number is probably somewhere in the 400-600 range.

I went to a rural community shop with no fellows and only a couple older crotchety surgeons who didn't want to come in for anything. Quickly developed a good relationship with attendings and was able to do a large volume. Definitely abnormal though for IM. My nearest co resident had 1/3 of my total.

The ACGME requires, for Critical Care Fellowship (under IM), at least 50 bronchoscopies per fellow. Its the only procedures the ACGME actually list a minimum. No numbers on intubations, central lines, A-lines, PA catheters, etc
https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Port...AQ-PIF/142_critical_care_int_med_07132013.pdf

For Pulmonary-Critical Care Fellowship, the ACGME requires a minimum of 100 bronchoscopies. Again, it is the only procedure where the acgme has a minimum defined number.
https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Port..._pulmonary_critical_care_int_med_07132013.pdf

There's no minimum number of bronchoscopies under ACGME guidelines for Anesthesia-Critical Care or Surgical Critical Care
https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Port...ents/045_critical_care_anes_07012014_1-YR.pdf
https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Port.../442_surgical_critical_care_07012014_1-YR.pdf

All other minimum requirements are set by your program. And we all know, people are different - some people may need to do A-lines 30+ times before they feel comfortable, while others feel comfortable doing A-lines after a handful. Same with central lines.

One thing to consider - you may meet your program's criteria for procedures - but your next job (as an attending) may require a certain minimum for privileges at that hospital ... such as 50 EBUS, or 50 endobronchial/transbronchial bx, or 50 chest tubes, or 100 central lines, etc. Basically try to do as much procedures as you can during fellowship, and document each time you do a procedure ... because you never know if that new job 20 years from now will ask that you show proof that you've done 75 chest tubes before giving you privilege to do chest tubes .

Reactions: 1 users
One thing to consider - you may meet your program's criteria for procedures - but your next job (as an attending) may require a certain minimum for privileges at that hospital ... such as 50 EBUS, or 50 endobronchial/transbronchial bx, or 50 chest tubes, or 100 central lines, etc. Basically try to do as much procedures as you can during fellowship, and document each time you do a procedure ... because you never know if that new job 20 years from now will ask that you show proof that you've done 75 chest tubes before giving you privilege to do chest tubes .
I doubt that anyone will ask numbers from a fellowship-trained person, as long as the ACGME requires that specific training for the fellowship.

For example, when I applied for hospital privileges as an anesthesia attending, nobody asked me to prove skills in regional anesthesia, or central line placement etc., before giving me privileges for those. All I needed was the approval/certification from my chair.

I doubt that anyone will ask numbers from a fellowship-trained person, as long as the ACGME requires that specific training for the fellowship.

For example, when I applied for hospital privileges as an anesthesia attending, nobody asked me to prove skills in regional anesthesia, or central line placement etc., before giving me privileges for those. All I needed was the approval/certification from my chair.

Every hospital is different. The hospital I'm at now didn't request specific numbers. But I have seen fellows where their first job (or second job) have asked for numbers. For many, completion of acgme training is enough - for others, they want numbers ... guess it depends on the bylaws of each hospital (and past experiences)

Not sure why acgme specifically listed minimum bronchoscopies under the medicine-critical care fellowships - perhaps in the past there were graduates who didn't do enough and caused problems/issues post-graduation that led acgme to revise their standards? And why only bronchoscopy?

To echo what GT said, some hospitals do, and over what you may consider bizzare things; due to my senior fellows experience, they started making us document things like "vent management" when in ICU month; we hadn't documented many intubations as we routinely would do awake fiber optic intubations in the Bronch suite and did document out Icu tubes but that wasn't enough for 1 of my seniors. There was some debate with the ACGME and survey as to numbers for different diagnostic bronch's while I was a fellow but that (at least per my PD who was in the middle of this) got a lot of push back. And frankly the whole bronchology push demanding an extra year to do EBUS is downright silly.

And my current hospital is updating the credentials process to demand you show continued competence in certain procedures, and they have numbers on doing certain procedures per year to maintain privileges. they didn't seem to happy when I asked why arthrocentreis require continued use while intubations did not.

That seems really low. The IM people where I am at do approx. the same number of ICU months intern year. I'm an EM resident and have done 10 lines so far and I am probably on track for 30 this year and I am just an intern.

If you're only line is an U/S guided IJ then 100 sounds sufficient, I was basing CVL numbers being low from my landmark-based training which I guess is just not done anymore. The anesthesiologists and interventionalists swear that there's a point where A-lines become fool-proof, but it's way more than the typical EM doc gets. Agree with 50 tubes being way too low for competence, that number is probably somewhere in the 400-600 range.

To clarify, are you saying if you don't intubate 400-600 times you're not competent to do so independently?

To clarify, are you saying if you don't intubate 400-600 times you're not competent to do so independently?
We say that there is a reason anesthesia residency is 3 years.

To be good at intubating, you only need 2. :D

On the serious side, it doesn't matter only how many you do, but also the difficulty of the airway and the quality of the teacher. The latter is usually deficient in both ICU and ED, so one can have 200 intubations and still f up. We see it on a weekly basis.

Typical example (true story): 50 year-old patient with severe allergy to ACEI, swollen lips and airways, some SOB, but still conscious, breathing and satting 98%. Anesthesia team asks for ENT at bedside. ENT comes and asks for a cric kit and for the neck to be prepped, just in case. While people are still looking for a cric kit, the ED attending induces the patient on her own, without letting anybody know (at that point, there are 3 anesthesia and 2 ENT people at the bedside, waiting for the cric, patient still doing OK). Difficult glidescope intubation ensues and, thank God, succeeds. But the IQ and stupidity of the ED doc, OMG! I doubt the ED residents present learned a lot there, except how to be stupid macho.

We say that there is a reason anesthesia residency is 3 years.

To be good at intubating, you only need 2. :D

On the serious side, it doesn't matter only how many you do, but also the difficulty of the airway and the quality of the teacher. The latter is usually deficient in both ICU and ED, so one can have 200 intubations and still f up. We see it on a weekly basis.

Typical example (true story): 50 year-old patient with severe allergy to ACEI, swollen lips and airways, some SOB, but still conscious, breathing and satting 98%. Anesthesia team asks for ENT at bedside. ENT comes and asks for a cric kit and for the neck to be prepped, just in case. While people are still looking for a cric kit, the ED attending induces the patient on her own, without letting anybody know (at that point, there are 3 anesthesia and 2 ENT people at the bedside, waiting for the cric, patient still doing OK). Difficult glidescope intubation ensues and, thank God, succeeds. But the IQ and stupidity of the ED doc, OMG! I doubt the ED residents present learned a lot there, except how to be stupid macho.

Whoa. I think if I was every prepping someones neck, I'd have anesthesia at the head of the bed.......

We get a good bit of airway experience in my residency, but if I had that patient and had the option to defer, I would.

The best evidence that exists suggests that your learning curve plateaus after 200 intubations which sounds about right, and most people would feel that you would be considered competent at that level (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22060976)
The failed intubation rate after 200 was 7% which is probably fine for an academic place with anesthesia as 24hr in house backup. As single coverage in the community, 7% is probably an unacceptable miss rate. I'm not saying that nobody with less than 400 should be intubating unsupervised necessarily but that in a setting with frequent difficult airways with minimal time for optimization
that 200 OR airways is not a guarantee of competence.

The failed intubation rate after 200 was 7% which is probably fine for an academic place with anesthesia as 24hr in house backup. As single coverage in the community, 7% is probably an unacceptable miss rate. I'm not saying that nobody with less than 400 should be intubating unsupervised necessarily but that in a setting with frequent difficult airways with minimal time for optimization
that 200 OR airways is not a guarantee of competence.
Despite it being an OR setting, a quarter of the patients had some difficult airway characteristics. However, at some point, you need to define what people will consider competency (for credentialing and so on). The vast majority of ED residents graduate with less than 200 tubes, CC fellows often less than 50 - in that regard, it is interesting to see that in this studies, even anesthesiology residents achieved only 80% first pass success rate at 200 intubations

Last edited:
I only said that learning curve pleateaus after 200. At some point, you need to assume competency. Vast majority of ED residents graduate with less than 200 tubes, CC fellows often less than 50
Ability to successfully execute your version of the difficult airway pathway probably matters more than monkey skills after certain point. I looked up the average number of intubations and was shocked by how low the average number of intimations for EM residents. On the other hand the ACGME only requires 35. Apparently I'm significantly biased by the airway environment I trained in.

It's not the intubation skills that really matter, it's the overall airway management (especially ventilation, but also optimization of patient position/intubating devices between intubation attempts - which comes from experience) and the number of backup plans one can execute. Also one needs to be able to admit one's limits and to recognize a difficult airway.

If I cannot intubate somebody, I know where to stop so that I don't make the airway a bloody mess and impossible to intubate for anybody else. I ventilate and call for help. (There is no shame in calling for help, just in harming the patient.) If I cannot mask-ventilate either, even with a helping nurse, airways etc., I will put in an LMA (I am a master of at least 3 different types, which no ED or ICU doc is) and be able to ventilate 90+% of these patients till help arrives. If that doesn't work, I can probably still stick in an angiocath through the cricothyroid membrane and jet ventilate. I might be able just to do some good head positioning, jaw thrust, and apneic oxygenation with a high-flow cannula (that will always be on for a potentially difficult airway). Etc. You get the idea. The difference between an anesthesiologist's airway management and a non- one's is more than just the number of intubations.

If you are not anesthesia-trained, do not attempt any potentially difficult airway alone, unless you are good at surgical airways, or you really want to risk to crap your pants. There are few things scarier than a lost airway and, when panic sets in, all is lost.

It's not the intubation skills that really matter, it's the overall airway management (especially ventilation, but also optimization of patient position/intubating devices between intubation attempts - which comes from experience) and the number of backup plans one can execute. Also one needs to be able to admit one's limits and to recognize a difficult airway.

If I cannot intubate somebody, I know where to stop so that I don't make the airway a bloody mess and impossible to intubate for anybody else. I ventilate and call for help. (There is no shame in calling for help, just in harming the patient.) If I cannot mask-ventilate either, even with a helping nurse, airways etc., I will put in an LMA (I am a master of at least 3 different types, which no ED or ICU doc is) and be able to ventilate 90+% of these patients till help arrives. If that doesn't work, I can probably still stick in an angiocath through the cricothyroid membrane and jet ventilate. I might be able just to do some good head positioning, jaw thrust, and apneic oxygenation with a high-flow cannula (that will always be on for a potentially difficult airway). Etc. You get the idea. The difference between an anesthesiologist's airway management and a non- one's is more than just the number of intubations.

If you are not anesthesia-trained, do not attempt any potentially difficult airway alone, unless you are good at surgical airways, or you really want to risk to crap your pants. There are few things scarier than a lost airway and, when panic sets in, all is lost.

And then there are free-standing ERs with no backup anywhere close...

So, a serious question for you, would you prefer to be called down for every single floor and ED intubation (as they are basically always unplanned, not-NPO and commonly difficult)?

Ability to successfully execute your version of the difficult airway pathway probably matters more than monkey skills after certain point. I looked up the average number of intubations and was shocked by how low the average number of intimations for EM residents. On the other hand the ACGME only requires 35. Apparently I'm significantly biased by the airway environment I trained in.

Around how many many tubes did you do in your residency? And was it before BiPAP was widely used?

When I was interviewing for residency, I'd focus a lot on the number of procedures residents we're getting at a given shop (intubations included). The numbers can be deceiving.

As a poster above notes--it will only be a tiny minority of ED residents who intubate more than 200x in residency (at least in my interview trail experience at mostly high-acuity county programs). Programs where residents had sometimes reached this number were almost always either at a) at a 4yr program, b) did a full month of anesthesia with lots of tubes (ie 40-80 tubes) or both b and c. So a PD saying "our residents average between 80-120 intubations" may equal only 40 ED tubes.

While I'm only halfway through my residency, it's these ED tubes that seem really valuable along with strict instruction on how to do so...rather than the total number of tubes you place. So I think I agree with the gist of what you're saying--you need practice at (safely) anticipating failure or actually failing and learning how to respond in a controlled manner.

I'm not saying the # of tubes isn't important, and I view anesthesia guys as experts in their field...but as FFP told a story of a rash EM doc (and I'm sure he/she has more), I could tell multiple stories from some of my ICU months where anesthesia/fellows acted pretty cavalier in a dangerous airway scenario (some still went fine while others did not). I think the bottom line is that nobody is perfect/knows everything and no field claims ownership as the sole authority on emergent airway management.

So, a serious question for you, would you prefer to be called down for every single floor and ED intubation (as they are basically always unplanned, not-NPO and commonly difficult)?
Not NPO or emergent is not what makes an intubation difficult. I do most of my OR intubations in RSI mode, even if elective and NPO, as long as I don't expect a difficult airway. And planning shouldn't take more than a few minutes. So no, they are not commonly difficult.

There are criteria for difficult (to both ventilate and intubate) airways. If you get one of those, you should call (before touching them). If you can't intubate, but you can ventilate, keep the airway unblemished and call. But one does not need to call anesthesia for most emergency intubations, unless one should not be in the emergency medicine business.

And when I say call for help, I don't mean necessarily anesthesia, I mean anybody competent with another set of hands. This is not an ego thing. Airway management is not rocket science, until it is. The case above was an example.

Anesthesia cannot claim an exclusive ownership of airway issues, but this is what we do, day in and day out. It's like pretending that anesthesiologists are better at critical care than intensivists, just because we get to stabilize many patients in the OR, before they head up to SICU. We should all know and respect the limits of our competence.

There is a pretty good presentation on the subject, here: http://www.slideshare.net/imran80/difficult-airway . There are a ton of presentations like this on the Internet.

Not NPO or emergent is not what makes an intubation difficult. I do most of my OR intubations in RSI mode, even if elective and NPO, as long as I don't expect a difficult airway. And planning shouldn't take more than a few minutes. So no, they are not commonly difficult.
You are misreading my post. I am not saying they are difficult because of NPO status or urgency. I just stated that in my experience (I work at a quaternary academic referral center), in addition to these two facts, they are commonly difficult. The average patient is 400 pounds, has a lot of comorbidities, underlying lung disease and will need control of their airway within minutes. I don't know when we last called somebody to come down and manage an airway for us, except if they needed an urgent, but not emergent, surgical airway. That's why I was questioning your post and wanted to explore your opinion on who you would like to see manage emergent airways. From your most recent post, it sounds like you don't necessarily advocate for mandatory anesthesia involvement for difficult airways, but for a well trained and competent clinician regardless of formal specialty background.

From your most recent post, it sounds like you don't necessarily advocate for mandatory anesthesia involvement for difficult airways, but for a well trained and competent clinician regardless of formal specialty background.
And it seems that you guys have it covered (and so has the ED in my academic hospital). A 400 pounder is not an easy cookie, even in an elective setting. But I would bet that most of your guys are way beyond the famous 200 number of intubations, and probably many difficult ones.

I am sorry that I wasn't clearer. I am not advocating for anesthesia fiefdom over airways. I am advocating for knowing one's limits and calling for competent help before risking harm to the patient (I do it multiple times a year). This is a subforum for intensivists, and they are the ones I am really afraid of, not EM docs. In the example above, I wanted to give an example of a bad teacher with bad judgment; she just happened to be EM.

Who would I want to see managing emergent airways? Anybody who's competent at it, either by training or by experience. As doctors, we should all know what we don't know, and protect our patients from harm without need for more rules and regulations.

And it seems that you guys have it covered (and so has the ED in my academic hospital). A 400 pounder is not an easy cookie, even in an elective setting. But I would bet that most of your guys are way beyond the famous 200 number of intubations, and probably many difficult ones.

I am sorry that I wasn't clearer. I am not advocating for anesthesia fiefdom over airways. I am advocating for knowing one's limits and calling for competent help before risking harm to the patient (I do it multiple times a year). This is a subforum for intensivists, and they are the ones I am really afraid of, not EM docs. In the example above, I wanted to give an example of a bad teacher with bad judgment; she just happened to be EM.

Who would I want to see managing emergent airways? Anybody who's competent at it, either by training or by experience. As doctors, we should all know what we don't know, and protect our patients from harm without need for more rules and regulations.
You're afraid of the intensivists? I would think that with how often they have to tube somebody those that do their own airways are probably pretty facile after a while in practice.

Great discussion in here btw. As an intensivist, and a new one, I definitely call for anesthesia when an airway makes me nervous because of patient size, presence of a c-collar, or other reasons like high patient oxygen needs and the tube really needs to go in with one look, one pass, and quick. I also won't do a tube exchange without anesthesia there. Though I think, while I think I'm appropriately nervous about airways, a good portion of the time it probably isn't necessary to bother my colleagues out of the OR.

I'm planning on an difficult airway course this next year. Hasn't been time since leaving fellowship.

Great discussion in here btw. As an intensivist, and a new one, I definitely call for anesthesia when an airway makes me nervous because of patient size, presence of a c-collar, or other reasons like high patient oxygen needs and the tube really needs to go in with one look, one pass, and quick. I also won't do a tube exchange without anesthesia there. Though I think, while I think I'm appropriately nervous about airways, a good portion of the time it probably isn't necessary to bother my colleagues out of the OR.

I'm planning on an difficult airway course this next year. Hasn't been time since leaving fellowship.

How many airways did you do in residency/fellowship (outside of the OR)?

Do you get any training in difficult airways?

Do you get any training in difficult airways?

Nope. I am going to find a course this year. But in my mind I think anticipating the more difficult airway and then bringing in the airway marines is always going to be a safe/safer/safest strategy for intensivist and patient.

dominating the bronch is pretty sweet, yes /no ? Something pulm/cc has over anesth yno?

dominating the bronch is pretty sweet, yes /no ? Something pulm/cc has over anesth yno?

Bronchs aren't really the same as intubation in a sick patient. Though I have done a few intubations over a bronch. It's easy peazy. But still not probably your modality of choice for the quick tube.

Depends, you like telling people they have cancer? I know lots of gas & surgical cc guys who do icu bronch's. Icu bronchs are boring
what are bronchs in icu used for?
btw we definitelly need new therapies for lung cancer.