Procedure volume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizzypoppin

Reaction score
Realistically how many procedures are the private OMS docs doing a day vs when you were in residency?

Members don't see this ad.

This really depends on a few factors.
1. Are you a new grad or established in your practice?
2. Are you working corporate, DSO, or solo PP?
3. How much autonomy do you have of making your schedule?
4. Fee for service, Medicaid , in network with insurances?

With that being said I’ve seen many different structures of PP OMS docs.

The PP I’ll be joining in the summer is set up for mainly procedures in AM, consults, and follow ups in PM. I realize many PP surgeons are structured like this. Seems to be efficient and productive.

The more established guys I’m with are doing a range of 6-12 procedures in AM depending on what it is. With that being said sometimes it’s only a few if they have a larger implant case that will take more time. Fridays is surgery only for the most part, I’ve seen a couple of the schedules where they start 730 or so and finish at 1 with 10-12 surgeries scheduled .

Hope this helps. I will also mention, I’m sure there other docs doing much more procedures per day wise , I’m sure less too.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you. So far I’ve heard anywhere from 4-20 and I feel like that’s a big variation. I think 8-12 is the range to aim for.

Reactions: 1 user