Problem with AOA status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoeSchmoe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my school, AOA elections are held in spring of junior year, along with october and february of senior year. I am in the range for class rank in which AOA is a possibility, but not highly likely. I was not nominated last spring or for this round in october. If I have not been nominated by now, does this mean I have no chance?

I wouldn't care that much, but here is my problem: I checked the box marked "AOA elections held during senior year" on my application and submitted. Now my ERAS CV under the awards section reads: "Alpha Omega Alpha (elections held during senior year)." I feel that this is misleading and I don't want to receive interviews based on a program thinking I am AOA, when in fact, I am not. Am I just an idiot or did anyone else have this problem? I have been trying to contact ERAS but I don't think that they will do anything. This is bad... I don't want to go to interviews and have to tell them that I'm not really AOA. Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually have an identical problem as well...i'm in the range for AOA but am not going to know until next week (that's when our list comes out) but i already checked "AOA elections held during senior year" and submitted my application.

The good news is, the item options are a bit misleading, so i'm sure a lot of other ppl have had this problem. A lot of my classmates checked that box as well; even ones who are not in the range. Furthermore, they only download your CAF, not the CV. I agree that it looks bad on the CV, but the CAF version doesn't look as much like we're trying to mislead them.

In any event, i hope it works out that youre AOA and then problem solved, but if not i don't think the schools are going to burn you for it.

You can change your status on ERAS once you find out.

Your school's AOA elections are being held during your senior year, so I dont really see what the problem is (its not like they are asking for the specific month of your school's elections).

I thought the options were -Elections during senior year/member/no chapter. So really the default would be elections during senior year.

well, yes, but you do have the option of putting nothing.

Thanks for the advice. Turns out you can change it in the "profile" section with your address and other info like that. I just left it blank so it doesn't look so shady. I appreciate the responses.