probably a silly question, but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sisko

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
apparently our school does a "composite letter" (i.e. a packet of LORs with evaluation forms and a summary eval form on top done by the pre-med advisor), which is not the same as the "comittee letter." looks like i will need this composite letter packet sent out to all my schools and possibly a non-science one to certain schools.

anyhow, I signed up for an Interfolio account -- was planning to get all my LORs sent to them and then I'd have control of sending them out where/when i need to. the pre-med lady though has said the expected plan here is that all my LORs will go to her -- then i'll let the pre-med office know where and when i need letters sent.

i know i probably have to go along with this, as it would seem insulting if i didn't. to me though this seems like kind of an unneccessary logistical headache. my LORs only go out when (& if) i get secondaries, and only to those schools, right? and these are asynchronous.

i feel like i'm going to be contacting this pre-med lady like 15-20 different times over the application cycle to ask that my LORs be sent.... send to western now please... send to nova now please... send to lecom-b now please... maybe she's busy and can't get to it for a few days. maybe she's on vacation. maybe it's between summer and fall semesters and the whole university is closed for 9 days.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe your third paragraph is relevant... Go with that. You choose what schools they go to.

Get the letters in your Interfolio and send them to on annoying pre-med lady from Interfolio.

Even if you trust in punctuality of your pre-med adviser, it would be better to have a back up. (I know my undergrad definately suffers from a letter-delay syndrome)