Private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summerX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been working in outpatient PT for a few yrs, have my OCS, and am thinking of going into private practice. I have bought the book on starting ur own practice from the private practice section of APTA and was wondering what other resources PTs who are successful with private practice have used. I really don't know much about things like credentialing and billing insurance, and other things. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you checked out WebPT or other EMR system?

Have you checked out WebPT or other EMR system?
I was just looking at the a APTA website... It does look like webpt and a software called ReDoc can do the billing for u. I think there r credentialing companies, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Following

I have been working in outpatient PT for a few yrs, have my OCS, and am thinking of going into private practice. I have bought the book on starting ur own practice from the private practice section of APTA and was wondering what other resources PTs who are successful with private practice have used. I really don't know much about things like credentialing and billing insurance, and other things. Thanks!

Are you on the "Doctor of Physical Therapy Students" facebook page? I know it says students, but there are employers and some discussions on private practice on there, specifically about WebPT and other systems. I saw at least one post discussing pros/cons. Might help. :)