Private Practice Direct Service Model

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgibson7868

Reaction score
I am an MS3 very interested in becoming a general pediatrician in private practice. I know this is looking very much ahead in time, but I have seen a lot of practices in gen peds and dB Peds go more towards a direct practice model and becoming a total out of network provider. I was wondering if you all knew if any specialties that do this and if this model is sustainable?

Members don't see this ad.

I am an MS3 very interested in becoming a general pediatrician in private practice. I know this is looking very much ahead in time, but I have seen a lot of practices in gen peds and dB Peds go more towards a direct practice model and becoming a total out of network provider. I was wondering if you all knew if any specialties that do this and if this model is sustainable?
@VA Hopeful Dr did a DPC for awhile. There are communities online that discuss and support DPC practice. It is definitely a viable model for general pediatrics

That being said DPC usually means a very small panel (500 - 800), which means you will be seeing proportionately less pathology. Personally I would let your skills solidify for a few years with a good patient panel before making the jump to a smaller panel.