Princeton Review Practice Tests?

dylennon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the Princeton Review OAT practice tests? I've taken 2 and I was curious if there was a rule of thumb like there is with the Kaplan vs. ADA practice tests. These Princeton Review tests seemed awfully heavy on calculations in GenChem and Physics.

A very friendly SDN user offered 2 Princeton Review OAT Practice tests about a month ago. I took her up on it and I haven't been able to contact her again (seems the post has been removed and she's not responding to emails from the original attachment).

But if anybody else would like to use/see them please feel free to pm me and I'll send them your way. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just did it today. My review materials were OAT destroyer, Princeton Oat. Free kaplan test online. The two provided by online princeton.

Physics- easier or equal to most listed. Very fair
Gen Chem- fair. was a little harder than physics. Easier than practise
Org- was similar to destroyer. Had to logic out a few. Difficulty similar to Gen chem
Math- Wasn't harder than practise but most questions were long which catches you off guard.
Bio- Standard. Wasn't too detail heavy compared to biology couses and what was in the OAT D in my opinion.
Reading Comp- Easier than I expected.

Unofficial scores of
TS:400
AA:380

Thanks for your input. It's funny because your experience is almost the exact opposite of mine. I'm concerned that the GenChem and O-Chem sections are too easy and not reflective of what the real test will look like. The Physics section absolutely destroyed my score. Many calculations on that whereas most people say the real OAT is almost exclusively conceptual. Great scores, though! Wish I had them :)

Anybody able to compare the Princeton Review tests to the real OAT?

I just took the real OAT today so I thought I'd respond to my own post in case anyone needs this info in the future. My test ended up being VERY similar to the Princeton Review tests. Even down to the Physics section being predominantly calculation based (as opposed to the concept based questions people have had experience with on this site). The GenChem, however, was far less calculation based. O-Chem was about the same. Concepts mixed with quite a few reactions. Bio was predictably all over the place. I also heard a lot of people saw the QR would be mostly triangles. And sure, there were probably 4 or 5 questions with triangle or identities, but most of it was algebra. All in all, I'd say the Princeton Review practice tests were the most helpful (as opposed to the Kaplan... never got around to the ADA test).

Reactions: 1 user