Priapism321

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you doing a fellowship? If not, I would like you to shoot me your CV.. I have a dream job for you.

Not everyday a resident can shout "use high dose ampi for enterococcus instead of linezolid... " or " ok *****..you can't use cephalosporin for enterococcus except for ceftobiprole which isn't out yet..and enterobacter is not enterococcus.." or "why don't we use PNA-FISH instead of empiric echinocandin!!"

And in 5 years..you can have my job.. heck..in 3 years. Maybe 2:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Can I apply too? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I work on your days off?

lol.. That means you'll work every weekend and every holiday?

Still wouldn't matter... I'm not at the hospital physically... maybe once a month or so..

I love working weekends and holidays. Better pay and most patients are discharged anyway. If you're not physically at the hospital, then that's even better!!!

lol.. That means you'll work every weekend and every holiday?

Still wouldn't matter... I'm not at the hospital physically... maybe once a month or so..

So, you're gonna weenie out of your preceptor promise?

I love working weekends and holidays. Better pay and most patients are discharged anyway. If you're not physically at the hospital, then that's even better!!!

hmm..it's a salary position yo.. no weekend or holiday differentials..:p

So, you're gonna weenie out of your preceptor promise?

eh? What's this job got to do with me being a preceptor?

I have more than 1 hospital .. actually more than 10..

Do you have 1 in Austin?

Members don't see this ad :)
eh? What's this job got to do with me being a preceptor?

I have more than 1 hospital .. actually more than 10..

Well, they don't have sites on any golf courses that I know of..............

What practice site would you be at besides a hospital?

Well, they don't have sites on any golf courses that I know of..............

What practice site would you be at besides a hospital?

Well...I don't have to be there to be your preceptor...you'll work with a clinical manager or a director...then I'll show up once in a while and tell you how terrible you're doing..

haha...not at all and never even been to Texas.

The position I'm talking about is not in TX. There will be a major development in Texas this year and next...

But a well trained pharmacy resident with a clue need not worry about finding a cool job.

Naaaah, he's doing fine on his own. Wait 'til he's done with his heme/onco PGY2 and he'll be offering you a job.

I don't want a job. I want a career.

The position I'm talking about is not in TX. There will be a major development in Texas this year and next...

But a well trained pharmacy resident with a clue need not worry about finding a cool job.

Weeeeellllll then...TX can take its time to develop since I don't plan to move there anytime soon. I want to do an administrative/management residency. Are there any jobs available for that in Austin? :D

Weeeeellllll then...TX can take its time to develop since I don't plan to move there anytime soon. I want to do an administrative/management residency. Are there any jobs available for that in Austin? :D

Austin is a horrible place I say.. there are liberal hippy longhorns everywhere!

Are there PG1 administrative/management residency?

Austin is a horrible place I say.. there are liberal hippy longhorns everywhere!

Are there PG1 administrative/management residency?

Austin is the #1 city to live in right now. Well, at least that's what I've read and heard.

I don't know about PG1 program, but for the ones that I've looked at, they're all 2-year programs and they also pay for the resident(s) to get the M.S. degree at the same time. The only concern I have is that how hard will it be to find a job after I'm done especially if I'm limited to where I want to live.

Austin is the #1 city to live in right now. Well, at least that's what I've read and heard.

I don't know about PG1 program, but for the ones that I've looked at, they're all 2-year programs and they also pay for the resident(s) to get the M.S. degree at the same time. The only concern I have is that how hard will it be to find a job after I'm done especially if I'm limited to where I want to live.

Austin is nice. I could actually live there. If you work for a pharmacy management company and have a regional position, then you can live anywhere in the region. Of course positions like that require some hospital clinical/management grunt work experience.

Austin is nice. I could actually live there. If you work for a pharmacy management company and have a regional position, then you can live anywhere in the region. Of course positions like that require some hospital clinical/management grunt work experience.
what happened to only wanting fun cool people to work for you?

what happened to only wanting fun cool people to work for you?

well, I need people to work their butt off so I can be fun and cool..

well, I need people to work their butt off so I can be fun and cool..
so the truth comes out...you're looking for a little bitc* to do your work. you should give a shout out to spriva. Great drug reps take orders from higher ups...

so the truth comes out...you're looking for a little bitc* to do your work. you should give a shout out to spriva. Great drug reps take orders from higher ups...

No..not my work. I'll do my work. I need people to run my program. Spiriva won't take orders from me.

Are you doing a fellowship? If not, I would like you to shoot me your CV.. I have a dream job for you.

Not everyday a resident can shout "use high dose ampi for enterococcus instead of linezolid... " or " ok *****..you can't use cephalosporin for enterococcus except for ceftobiprole which isn't out yet..and enterobacter is not enterococcus.." or "why don't we use PNA-FISH instead of empiric echinocandin!!"

And in 5 years..you can have my job.. heck..in 3 years. Maybe 2:eek:

As Spiriva mentioned, I have matched into a PGY-2 position, which I hear is a legally binding agreement; so rather than take your dream job offer, I will be off to the Southwestern United States to complete one more year of slavery (I mean training).

If you have something cool available in December, we'll have to arrange to meet up at the Midyear when I am actually trying to figure out what to do with my life.

As Spiriva mentioned, I have matched into a PGY-2 position, which I hear is a legally binding agreement; so rather than take your dream job offer, I will be off to the Southwestern United States to complete one more year of slavery (I mean training).

If you have something cool available in December, we'll have to arrange to meet up at the Midyear when I am actually trying to figure out what to do with my life.

Cool.

If you're willing to relocate or travel and learn RX management once you're done with your training, let me know.

Congrats on matching Pri! Was it your first choice? Happy with the site?

I knew all that :cool:. But I would still second the nomination for SpirivaSuprise. Drug rep -> pharmacist are the ones to hire from.:thumbup: Very meticulous, and a lot of free samples! SpirivaSuprise would be pharmacoeconomically sound. Albeit, roots for the wrong NFL football teams...

I knew all that :cool:. But I would still second the nomination for SpirivaSuprise. Drug rep -> pharmacist are the ones to hire from.:thumbup: Very meticulous, and a lot of free samples! SpirivaSuprise would be pharmacoeconomically sound. Albeit, roots for the wrong NFL football teams...

Come on...he lives in TX. I'm sure he already knows who the best team is!

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Saints

You mean the cheerleaders haven't even converted you!?

cheerleaderspr9.png

How's sexy rexy looking this offseason?
He's lookin good

rexgrossman.jpg

The Bears traded away career backup Griese and only have Rex and Kyle Orton left. I wonder if they are going to pick up a veteran (hopefully not Vinny Testaverde) or draft an up & comer like Colt Brenen or *gulp* John David Booty. I'm hoping they draft Colt.