Prerequisites for medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notapremed1010

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a Canadian student, at our uni we have two physics courses considered "Exclusions" of each other. I'm wondering if I take these two courses to fulfill the one year of physics requirement, do USA med school from upon this? Has anyone ever had this problem?

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Canadian student, at our uni we have two physics courses considered "Exclusions" of each other. I'm wondering if I take these two courses to fulfill the one year of physics requirement, do USA med school from upon this? Has anyone ever had this problem?

TIA
In the US, Physics can be taught on several levels: that for eg, say, pre-nursing, for Bio majors, for Chem majors who've had calculus, and for Engineering majors. I am interpreting your use of the term "Exclusions" to imply that if you take one, you cannot or should not take the other of the two mentioned choices, as they are considered too similar. US med schools will expect Physics I & II in a sequence intended for Bio majors or above on my list.

If I have misunderstood the intent of your question, please restate it.

In the US, Physics can be taught on several levels: that for eg, say, pre-nursing, for Bio majors, for Chem majors who've had calculus, and for Engineering majors. I am interpreting your use of the term "Exclusions" to imply that if you take one, you cannot or should not take the other of the two mentioned choices, as they are considered too similar. US med schools will expect Physics I & II in a sequence intended for Bio majors or above on my list.

If I have misunderstood the intent of your question, please restate it.

I think at most places the Physics for Bio majors is always the lowest level physics sequence. “Physics for Humanities Majors” doesn’t exist at the vast majority of places.