Prerequisites at community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t-anteater

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would it be seen as a red flag to take prerequisite courses on the side (in the summers) at a community college WHILE attending a 4 year institution? I’m not sure if they might think I purposely avoided taking them at my university so the classes would be easier, when really I just did it to save time and money. :/

Thank you for any input
I did my first two years of college at a community college and I applied a year early, essentially with grades just from community college. I had no issues at all.

Would it be seen as a red flag to take prerequisite courses on the side (in the summers) at a community college WHILE attending a 4 year institution? I’m not sure if they might think I purposely avoided taking them at my university so the classes would be easier, when really I just did it to save time and money. :/

Thank you for any input

It should not be. However, I recommend always having an explanation ready as to why you chose that option.