Prerequisite Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lynn503

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I noticed that a lot of schools require anatomy and physiology courses. My institution provides anatomy and physiology courses, but anatomy requires 3 pre-requisite courses (Anatomy lab requires 4 prereqs). I was wondering if I should take it at a community college since it does not require any pre-requisites. My advisor recommends taking it at my current institution but not sure if it is worth it.

Does taking a course at a community college affect my application? Does anybody have this kind of experience before?

Members don't see this ad.

It shouldn't affect you. I took 2 of 3 physics series at a community college while dual enrolled at my university and it didn't make any difference in my application since I interviewed at every school I applied.

What are the pre-reqs needed for A&P?

This is reassuring. I think I am going to take it in community college.

For anatomy course the pre-reqs are introductory kinesiology, biomechanics an human physiology.

Reactions: 1 user
This is reassuring. I think I am going to take it in community college.

For anatomy course the pre-reqs are introductory kinesiology, biomechanics an human physiology.
Those are some heavy prereqs. Good call IMO