Prereqs and PharmCAS???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nasim288

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take a few prereqs during the summer, fall and possibly the winter of next year. How do I note that on the Pharmcas? Do they have a section for classes in progress and will they consider my application complete? Moreover, will schools have to wait for the completed classes or will they admit me contingent on the classes being completed?

Thanks to all that reply

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools, if not all, will grant you a conditional acceptance if you haven't completed all of your prereqs but will have them completed before classes start. I think just about everyone on this board is currently taking some prereqs or will be taking some this summer. Some schools require that all math and science prereqs be completed prior to the summer before matriculation so the best thing to do would be to check with each school you plan on applying to.

I don't really know what is going to be on PHARMCAS, but the application I submitted for pharmacy school had a section for you to list the classes that you are currently taking and the ones you planned on taking before matriculation. It would make sense that something similar would be found on PHARMCAS.

Hey Nasim. Call the individual school you're interested in. See what they have to say about it.