General Admissions & OTCAS Prereq GPA calc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepedsOT24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone inform me on how to calculate a prereq GPA??
I keep trying and I think I may be doing it wrong. Also, how do you calculate when a school asks for "last 60 hours"? Thanks yall!

Members don't see this ad.

Get the list of all pre-requisites, see the grades you got in said pre-reqs, throw it in a GPA calculator, and it'll give you the GPA. You're probably doing it right :)
As for the last 60 hours, get the last sixty credits you took and throw it in a GPA calculator and voila! But little tip - if your last 60 GPA doesn't add up to 60 credits exactly (aka - it ends up being like 62), they'll count that WHOLE semester in your GPA (at least that was what the lady from EKU told me.

Get the list of all pre-requisites, see the grades you got in said pre-reqs, throw it in a GPA calculator, and it'll give you the GPA. You're probably doing it right :)
As for the last 60 hours, get the last sixty credits you took and throw it in a GPA calculator and voila! But little tip - if your last 60 GPA doesn't add up to 60 credits exactly (aka - it ends up being like 62), they'll count that WHOLE semester in your GPA (at least that was what the lady from EKU told me.

Hello there -
I'm a bit confused: when you say the last "60 credits you took", does this include the pre-reqs as well or the last 60 from your Bachlors/Masters only?

Okay, say I took 130 credits. I'm going to count the amount of credits starting from 70 to 130, including pre-reqs. I don't think they usually count masters, as most schools only look at your bachelor GPA anyway.