Preparing for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mitochonria

Reaction score
I'll be taking the american DAT in May and would like to know how I should start preparing now. So far i'm using the 2017 Destroyer book and PATBooster. I should be able to go through everything once before my exam but is there anything I should also be using? Particularly for Reading Comprehension section. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be taking the american DAT in May and would like to know how I should start preparing now. So far i'm using the 2017 Destroyer book and PATBooster. I should be able to go through everything once before my exam but is there anything I should also be using? Particularly for Reading Comprehension section. Thanks
I thought Dr Romano said if you are taking the DAT in 2019 you would need the 2019 DAT DESTROYER because the QR (Math Section) has changed.
You may want to contact him.

I thought Dr Romano said if you are taking the DAT in 2019 you would need the 2019 DAT DESTROYER because the QR (Math Section) has changed.
You may want to contact him.

I can't afford the new one right now and I can't find someone selling the 2019 version for a cheaper price either :(

Hey Mitochondria! Try reaching out to DATDestroyer and see if they can perhaps give you some sort of discount on the new version. Speaking anecdotally from the experience of other students, it seems like most resources understand the financial burden that the price tag can sometimes have on students and so there is never any harm in sending them an email and seeing if there is something extra they can do for you. Just explain your situation and go from there :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't afford the new one right now and I can't find someone selling the 2019 version for a cheaper price either :(
Sorry to hear. As you probably already know on his FB videos some of the problems are the ones that he is going to use tonight in his DAT class. Outside students can message him with questions regarding the problem.
I think on the new DAT they have taken out the Tri and Geometry and substituted Comparisons.
Dr Romano would know for sure so I would ask him.

Check Posts Dtd March 16 and March 18. Those 2 guys gave materials used for DAT.
For RC section one guy score 30 on RC used Bootcamp. His AA was 27.
The other guy RC score was 17 and he used Bootcamp. His AA was 23.
So...

Check Posts Dtd March 16 and March 18. Those 2 guys gave materials used for DAT.
For RC section one guy score 30 on RC used Bootcamp. His AA was 27.
The other guy RC score was 17 and he used Bootcamp. His AA was 23.
So...
Both guys used PATBOOSTER.

I'll be taking the american DAT in May and would like to know how I should start preparing now. So far i'm using the 2017 Destroyer book and PATBooster. I should be able to go through everything once before my exam but is there anything I should also be using? Particularly for Reading Comprehension section. Thanks[

I used DATBootcamp and got a 17 on my DAT recently. The real DAT is very different than the DATBootcamp practice tests with the questions being very straight forward, often right in the passage (I didn't realize this until the last passage and it was too late for me). As for DATqvault, I didn't use it so I don't
This Quote is from a discussion regarding RC, one guy used DATqvault instead of BC, Bootcamp. Main point is his statement in ( )..