preparing for NBDE after 10 years of BDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zindagi124

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone i m thinking about continuing my studies i did my BDS in 2006 from Pakistan left my studies now i m seriously thinking about takingNbde part 1 in 2016 any advice from where to start any scope of getting admission in UIC and marquette or is there any effect of 10 yrs gap on admission.Please help or is there any serious study partner in wisconsin and chicago.

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone i m thinking about continuing my studies i did my BDS in 2006 from Pakistan left my studies now i m seriously thinking about takingNbde part 1 in 2016 any advice from where to start any scope of getting admission in UIC and marquette or is there any effect of 10 yrs gap on admission.Please help or is there any serious study partner in wisconsin and chicago.[/Q

Siu just started their international program if you're looking to go in Illinois

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone i m thinking about continuing my studies i did my BDS in 2006 from Pakistan left my studies now i m seriously thinking about takingNbde part 1 in 2016 any advice from where to start any scope of getting admission in UIC and marquette or is there any effect of 10 yrs gap on admission.Please help or is there any serious study partner in wisconsin and chicago.
Are we a match made in heaven or what! This is crazy, but I am in exact same boat as you are. I did my dentistry from Pakistan. Graduated in 2006. Planning on taking my exam NBDE part 1 in june. I live in Chicago and also aiming to get in to UIC in their FTDP. :) How crazy is this! lol. But I have tried taking the exam twice before, both times I was this close but couldn't make it. Hopefully third time is the charm! I just started studying for the exam yesterday!
How about yourself? Have you started studying already? Where in Pakistan are you from?
Best,
Bushra

Last edited:
Are we a match made in heaven or what! This is crazy, but I am in exact same boat as you are. I did my dentistry from Pakistan. Graduated in 2006. Planning on taking my exam NBDE part 1 in june. I live in Chicago and also aiming to get in to UIC in their FTDP. :) How crazy is this! lol. But I have tried taking the exam twice before, both times I was this close but couldn't make it. Hopefully third time is the charm! I just started studying for the exam yesterday!
How about yourself? Have you started studying already? Where in Pakistan are you from?
Best,
Bushra[/QUOTE
Best,
Bushra
hi good to know that i m not alone . I m from karachi with kids i can only study for few hrs i already started decks not sure when to take the test what is your strategy for exams.