Preparing for clinical years after year of research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkdlit

Superstar DJ
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I've recently started a one year research fellowship at my school, between my 2nd and 3rd years. I'm concerned that once I enter rotations, I will have forgotten all that wonderful board material, and will end up like a deer in headlights when residents/attendings pimp me stupid.

Are there any good resources out there to keep myself up to snuff with what students are expected to know coming into 3rd year? Anyone else out there have a similar experience/concerns? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just read the mini review books that your 3rd year colleagues have. Many attend a medicine or peds or surgery conference 2x per week.
All you need to know is physical diagnosis.
YOu are taking your year at the best time.
turkdlit said:
Hello all, I've recently started a one year research fellowship at my school, between my 2nd and 3rd years. I'm concerned that once I enter rotations, I will have forgotten all that wonderful board material, and will end up like a deer in headlights when residents/attendings pimp me stupid.

Are there any good resources out there to keep myself up to snuff with what students are expected to know coming into 3rd year? Anyone else out there have a similar experience/concerns? Thanks!