• Forums Updates - Tuesday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Tuesday, June 11 starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

preparedness...

surgical_tomato

still soul searching...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:p Might be a silly question to ask....and it also might be my personality type...but I've never gone into a text/exam thinking I was prepared. And I feel like its not worth taking the OAT unless I am 95% prepared for it.

What about the rest of you test takers?
How well did you master the material before the test and what score did you come out with?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Members don't see this ad.

:p Might be a silly question to ask....and it also might be my personality type...but I've never gone into a text/exam thinking I was prepared. And I feel like its not worth taking the OAT unless I am 95% prepared for it.

What about the rest of you test takers?
How well did you master the material before the test and what score did you come out with?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Truthfully, most people feel that way when it comes to tests like the OAT. There's just so much material to know but only so many questions and thus it is hard to say that you're truly prepared.

As far as mastering the material...it really depends on your own ability. I took three months to study (with about 3-4 hours each day) and got a 330. But one of my classmates here at SCCO picked up a friend's review book the day before the test, skimmed through it, and scored a 330 as well. So yeah, it really depends!

i feel the exact same way and that is why i keep postponing it. now im caught in a huge dilemma because I want to take it before i start all the applications so that what happen to me last year doesnt happen again.
last year i applied and got interviews to nova, pco, and suny all before taking my oat and when it came time to take my oat i did horrible and now im so nervous to take it again b/c i have to be 100% sure my scores will be super! but I feel like im never going to be ready :(