Prep Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon0013

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the August 14th MCAT and I'm having trouble deciding between Kaplan and Princeton. I paid a deposit for Kaplan last semester but its fully refundable. I've heard that Kaplan is good if you can push yourself to study and princeton makes you go to class. Also i heard Princeton has better material.

Thanks,
Jon

Members don't see this ad.

kaplan: they will shove you with lots of work, reading and hundreds of tests...if you are an independent worker this is for you.

TPR: is more instruction based and if you like classroom discussion and teaching...this is good for you. They dont shove a lot of work like kaplan

I took TPR because I wanted someone to explain concepts which I had forgotten.

TPR offers more class time, which is one of the main reasons I chose them over Kaplan. The materials are also better. I had a friend who took Kaplan. Looking at her materials vs. mine--she was taught to focus on some pretty irrelevant stuff. In the end, I believe I was better prepared than she was.

I am pretty familiar with both, and I would definitely recommend TPR. I have heard many more bad things about Kaplan.