PreNAPLEX vs NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CocaNapple13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. So I did the PreNAPLEX twice the 1st was about 3 weeks ago and got a 79 and then the 2nd was yesterday and got a 106. However the two different tests seemed really different from each other...has anyone else done the PreNAPLEX twice and felt as if they were really different? And for those who have taken the PreNAPLEX, how do you feel it correlated with the question breakdown in the actual exam (calc, biostat, certain disease states, etc...)? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

UPDATE: I got a 105 on my NAPLEX and definitely feel like the Pre-NAPLEX correlated well with regard to how the questions were set up and delivered. The content of course was different. ALL I can say it now calculations inside and out. If you can't wake up from a dead sleep and calculate a CrCl then you are not ready. Good Luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I only took the PreNaplex once and didn't get a single oncology or HIV question. I got a lot of random disease states and ended up with a 90 on it. When I took the Naplex I got a 103. I think the prenaplex did a good job of showing the type of biostats and math questions you would see on the actual naplex though

Reactions: 1 user
I only took the pre-NAPLEX once and I got the exact same score on both the Pre-NAPLEX and NAPLEX. A friend of mine also got the same score on both. I would say it correlated fairly well when it came to math and biostats but the clinical topics were really variable for me.

Hey all. So I did the PreNAPLEX twice the 1st was about 3 weeks ago and got a 79 and then the 2nd was yesterday and got a 106. However the two different tests seemed really different from each other...has anyone else done the PreNAPLEX twice and felt as if they were really different? And for those who have taken the PreNAPLEX, how do you feel it correlated with the question breakdown in the actual exam (calc, biostat, certain disease states, etc...)? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I took it twice and it was completely different. I felt the second one was waaay harder. I took the 1st one back in June and just finished taking the 2nd one. I got the same score of 115. I was wondering how much passing the pre-naplex correlates to the actual NAPLEX?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the pre-naplex twice... 83 on the first one and a 91 on the second one. I just took the NAPLEX and got a 91...so my score was spot on. I would definitely recommend taking it. RxPrep was a great resource/study tool.

I took prenaplex twice. 70 the first time, 2 weeks before the exam. And 90 two days before the exam. Passed naplex with 99. There's so much random things to have to know for the test that I don't believe you can accurately say the prenaplex is good prep. The only thing consistent between prenaplex and naplex is the sheer randomization of subject knowledge you can be asked on. I would also say you can expect more biostats and calcs on the real thing than what's on the prenaplex, which is a good thing because those chapters can be mastered.
Edit: also wanted to add that the prenaplex doesn't tell you what questions were right vs wrong. Doesn't tell you which subject knowledge you did better/worse on. Doesn't let you go back and view incorrect/correct answers. What I did was keep a pad next to me as I took the prenaplex and wrote down question topics that I was unconfident about (ex. 'know asthma plan for all age groups', 'what are long vs short term outcomes of systemic steroid therapy?') and went over to re-learn/answer these afterwards.

Last edited:
I too took the prenaplex twice. 76 on the first one like two weeks before my exam and 78 on the second one that I took the night before my exam (not the best idea because I started freaking out). However, I scored in the triple digits on the actual naplex. If you want to know the setup of the exam its a good idea to take the pre-naplex, otherwise, I don't think its worth it.

Any recent Naplex takers that can give us some anecdotal evidence of how accurate my scores will be compared to the actual Naplex? Just took the pre-NAPLEX as part of our school curriculum, got above a 75, what can I understand from this score?

Any recent Naplex takers that can give us some anecdotal evidence of how accurate my scores will be compared to the actual Naplex? Just took the pre-NAPLEX as part of our school curriculum, got above a 75, what can I understand from this score?
Got 108 on PreNAPLEX (took it only once) and 112 on NAPLEX; June 2018

Last edited:
I just took both the RxPrep comprehensive exam and the Pre-Naplex. Did anyone else find them extremely different? I got 59% on the Rx prep cumulative test and 104 on Pre-naplex! I felt like the pre-naplex was weird. There were only a couple select all that apply questions, almost no Onco or HIV. Tons of stats (which I knew literally nothing about) and calculations

Does anyone have any insight regarding RxPrep V. PreNaplex V. Actual Naplex?

I just took both the RxPrep comprehensive exam and the Pre-Naplex. Did anyone else find them extremely different? I got 59% on the Rx prep cumulative test and 104 on Pre-naplex! I felt like the pre-naplex was weird. There were only a couple select all that apply questions, almost no Onco or HIV. Tons of stats (which I knew literally nothing about) and calculations

My assumption is RxPrep is more difficult to prepare you for the worst. Pre-Naplex from what I heard, is the most closely related scenario as to the Naplex. Note that Pre-Naplex is by the NABP, as is the Naplex. At least from what I heard.

There's a correlation between the 3, if you learn ALL the Rxprep topics well, then you'd do well in both the Pre- and the actual NAPLEX!

Good luck!

Prenaplex 84. After 2 months of light studying I got 86 on the Naplex so pretty accurate.

Took the Pre-Naplex five days before the exam, got a 79.
Took the RxPrep a day before, got a 69.
Got a 108 on the actual Naplex which I think I got one of the harder exams because it was way harder than the CPJE imo.

My advice is to take the Pre-Naplex to get used to the format of the exam. RxPrep quizzes test you on way more than you need to know so if you can get those down, you'll likely do well. Mostly just get calculations and biostats down until you're scoring 100%. You can miss half the clinical questions and still pass if you nail the math portion. :)