premed101.com down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dopetown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is that site working for anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
f_d, do you (or anyone else) know what's happening/when it'll be back up? I've resigned myself to the law student forum today, which is not nearly as fun as pm101 :(

Don't have a clue but imagineit should be up and running any time. :)

Soon, I hope - I'm lacking in procrastination!

If you are looking for an idiot buddy, why not look in the mirror!

You have made zero contribution on the important Canadian site, your website is total garbage and it is important that the membership be aware. Stick to med school and don't meddle where you have nothing to contribute.

You continue to insult yourself by your lowlife comments, but then again, you enjoy stooping to lower levels. Not exactly the perspective of someone who supposedly wants to help premeds. I recommend you see another mental health professional as you are continuing to deteriorate.

Last edited:
My above two posts were addressed to kennethtoronto who came here with a tainted past in another forum and with an unhealthy agenda!

In particular, he resorted to his favourite hobby - he came here to bash f_d in a reprehensible manner and his post has been deleted. He also came here to advertise a horrible website he tried unsuccessfully to start over a year ago - and this post too was removed.

His track record wherever he goes is never up to par. He never makes constructive contributions, rather is always in self-serving and/or attack mode.

The purpose of this forum is to bring likeminded individuals with common interests together to answer questions based upon knowledge, opinion and experience and to raise the level of our understanding.
www.premed101.com must be experiencing technical problems that have yet to overcome and will be up and running as soon as possible. I will certainly attempt to answer any questions within my capability that relate to Canadian matters. Good luck to all in achieving your goals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I certainly miss the premed101 forum right now.

I am so anxious!!! esp w/o premed101 :scared:

btw nice to see you here f_d ;)

I am so anxious!!! esp w/o premed101 :scared:

btw nice to see you here f_d ;)

Agreed!

And I'm currently directing some members here via twitter and my blog. I hope the forum will be back on it's feet soon. I had so many PMs I needed to respond to/send off. As did many others, I assume!

Last edited:
I'm here too!! Need something to procrastinate during finals ;)

Yeah, I had PMs on the go that I was meaning to deal with. ALSO I'm just bored and Neopets is NOT cutting it to get me through this block. Infection and Immunity is frigging killing me.

Also I want to ask questions about what to do with my summer!

So having access to pm101 would be really great right about now. Has anyone else who applied to Calgary had their GPA calculation disappear as of this morning?? Like the box is gone altogether.

So having access to pm101 would be really great right about now. Has anyone else who applied to Calgary had their GPA calculation disappear as of this morning?? Like the box is gone altogether.

Hey - this happened to me as well. I think it's because they screwed up the first time, and now they're fixing up the formula + the system.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it disappears for a prolonged period of time.

Yup same thing happened here. Last year they let OOP students know whether or not they made the cutoff by December 17. So, should be soon this year!

bored out of my skull without premed101 and pretty much unable to move.

sigh

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Good to see you hear, aaron :) And everyone else!

bored out of my skull without premed101 and pretty much unable to move.

sigh

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Aaron!! I wanted to ask you how surgery went!! If you're here I figure it must not be too bad? Mine got postponed (emergency came up). Honestly I'd rather know now than on the 22nd, and I'm priority for January as soon as they make the schedules so I should hear from them soon.

You guys are our community professional patients, may you both have good health following surgery and a speedy recovery.

Professional patients lol! I keep thinking I really hope I can stop seeing my surgeon as a patient but would be more than happy to study/work with him.

Good luck with both of your surgeries and recovery, aaron and psycho!

Aaron!! I wanted to ask you how surgery went!! If you're here I figure it must not be too bad? Mine got postponed (emergency came up). Honestly I'd rather know now than on the 22nd, and I'm priority for January as soon as they make the schedules so I should hear from them soon.

It went pretty good though there was more damage than what MRI's showed. Cleaned up a bunch of arthritis, fixed a partial mcl and acl tear as well as a meniscus tear. Shaved down some of my knee cap as well.

All in all, my tax dollars towards health care have been put to pretty good use so far this year lol

Sorry to hear yours is delayed :( but hopefully you can get it done early in January!!!

You guys are our community professional patients, may you both have good health following surgery and a speedy recovery.

hahaha for a change of pace I'd like to try life on the side of not being a patient :D

You've done your share as a patient and get an A+! The other side will be coming!

Last edited:
It went pretty good though there was more damage than what MRI's showed. Cleaned up a bunch of arthritis, fixed a partial mcl and acl tear as well as a meniscus tear. Shaved down some of my knee cap as well.

All in all, my tax dollars towards health care have been put to pretty good use so far this year lol

Sorry to hear yours is delayed :( but hopefully you can get it done early in January!!!

Great to hear! I lost all faith in MRIs when my first 2 were wrong lol. Hope you have a smooth recovery! As for me, well there's the good side that I'll be top shape for Christmas ;)

hahaha for a change of pace I'd like to try life on the side of not being a patient :D

Exactly what I said! :D

well this is getting annoying. Premed101 was up this morning but appears to be down again.

Grrrrrr it's been FOREVER. I wonder what happened.

Glad to see you hear, psycho :)

I totally agree!

PS any 2011/2012 UBC med applicants on here working on their supplemental?

The supplemental is just references/site pref is it not? Unless I'm missing something or it's just for grad applicants.

I can't believe I've been on SDN since HIGH SCHOOL. Time really flies.

The supplemental is just references/site pref is it not? Unless I'm missing something or it's just for grad applicants.

Yup, you are correct. I just simply wanted to know if there were any UBC med applicants on here right now. And, if there are any questions, that we can help each other out. I'm a little bit confused about writing the "title" of my reference. E.g., for an academic professor, would we just write down their title? Such as "Professor of Chemistry'? That kind of thing?

Where can I obtain passport sized photos from?

Wonder if anyone here can answer these questions...

Just go to any photo shop - the kind of places where they sell albums and frames and do prints and stuff - and ask them for a passport photo. They all know how to do it.

I can't believe I've been on SDN since HIGH SCHOOL. Time really flies.

I saw 2006 and thought... oh boy I was halfway through my Masters by that time! :oops:

well this is getting annoying. Premed101 was up this morning but appears to be down again.

It was?? I must've missed it.. hopefully it's a good sign? (being optimistic here)

Just go to any photo shop - the kind of places where they sell albums and frames and do prints and stuff - and ask them for a passport photo. They all know how to do it.

Thank you :) I had forgotten photo shops even existed!

I come from a really, really small town where, I mean if I still lived there, I'd have to go through the phone book and find a photographer (there were so few, they were always booked).

Merci.

It was?? I must've missed it.. hopefully it's a good sign? (being optimistic here)

Fingers crossed... !

Yup same thing happened here. Last year they let OOP students know whether or not they made the cutoff by December 17. So, should be soon this year!

Hey - this happened to me as well. I think it's because they screwed up the first time, and now they're fixing up the formula + the system.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it disappears for a prolonged period of time.

Thanks for replying. Good to know it's not just me!

Wow that sounds like a long surgery. Hope you are feeling better now :)

Good to hear your surgery went well. :)

Argh.. exams already and no PM101 to distract me, all of us pre-meders better get super grades this term though.. lol, now there are no excuses.

I have organic chem II in T-minus 6 days and I am dreading it.. hopefully I can squeeze out an A- with the curve and weighting..

It's nice to see the group:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.