Prelim resident - My PD finally submitted his letter. Is it too late to apply to categorical spots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knightmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't want to waste money (we're talking $2000) applying to programs that will no longer review my application. Is it too late to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't want to waste money (we're talking $2000) applying to programs that will no longer review my application. Is it too late to apply?

You should have submitted even with a missing letter. At any rate, the match is your best bet. I'd submit and take my chances. $2000 might sound like a lot, but if you don't match and delay the start date of your career, that's >200k/year in lost wages.

Reactions: 1 users
You should have submitted even with a missing letter. At any rate, the match is your best bet. I'd submit and take my chances. $2000 might sound like a lot, but if you don't match and delay the start date of your career, that's >200k/year in lost wages.

He got that advice a month ago but apparently chose to ignore it.

Oh, but also said he was going to sue ERAS over the Sept 15th website problems...even though it is now Oct 12th and he still hasn't applied. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users