Preceptorship or Dental Assistant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zeesad

Reaction score
Hi,
I am wondering which one would be better to build my profile? Doing a preceptorship program or working as a dental assistant? If you all could give your opinions that would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Preceptorship is very expensive and does not guarantee admission. It can range in thousands of dollar and the outcome might be devastating if you don't get admission despite that. Dental assistant is safer but very common! Its your choice ultimately.

Don’t go for preceptorship. V expensive. Someone spent $28,000 in a Prosthodontics preceptorship. Not a single interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to dental assisting school and got my CDA and assisted all throughout undergrad. Got accepted my first year applying.

I went to dental assisting school and got my CDA and assisted all throughout undergrad. Got accepted my first year applying.
Congratulations Doc.
Please help clarify! Home Country Experience Vs USA experience which is more important? I have about 10years home country experience i intend to gather more experience via Dental assisting in the US