Pre-Requisites before applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalflossn

Reaction score
Do you need to have all your Pre-Requisite classes completed before "applying" to dental school? From what I've found on several school's "requirements" pages you just had to have completed the courses by graduation.

Stony Brook's description says "require completion of specific courses prior to application":

I have one pre-req class left that I'm planning on finishing my senior year. Do I really need to take a gap year before applying anywhere due to this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you need to have all your Pre-Requisite classes completed before "applying" to dental school? From what I've found on several school's "requirements" pages you just had to have completed the courses by graduation.

Stony Brook's description says "require completion of specific courses prior to application":

I have one pre-req class left that I'm planning on finishing my senior year. Do I really need to take a gap year before applying anywhere due to this situation?
Almost all schools require all pre-reqs to be completed before you matriculate. Stony Brook is the only exception (that I'm aware of, not sure about any of the new schools that have opened recently) that requires them to be completed before you apply. So if you have one pre-req remaining, I wouldn't suggest applying to SB- it may be a waste of an application.

Reactions: 1 user