General Admissions & OTCAS Pre-reqs A&P HELP!! NEED ADVICE ASAP PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdail

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am currently working on my applications for MOT programs. I had taken A&P 1/2 back in 2013 but got Cs because I focused on work too much and didn't take the time to study like I should have! Completely my fault. I am retaking these classes over summer right now, but they are so expensive I can barely afford the second half. I am taking my final in two days, so far I have an A! Should I still take the second half or drop it? I have As in all of the other pre-reqs and my GPA is 3.44 overall so far. I am graduating with my BS in Exercise Science in December. How much would it hurt me to not retake the second half?! I could really use the time for observation hours, personal statement, and applications, as well as putting that money towards fall quarter. (I am going to a private school, super expensive, not the best choice, struggling to pay with max loans taken out :/ ) I would love to hear everyones thoughts and advice. I am freaking out!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I am currently working on my applications for MOT programs. I had taken A&P 1/2 back in 2013 but got Cs because I focused on work too much and didn't take the time to study like I should have! Completely my fault. I am retaking these classes over summer right now, but they are so expensive I can barely afford the second half. I am taking my final in two days, so far I have an A! Should I still take the second half or drop it? I have As in all of the other pre-reqs and my GPA is 3.44 overall so far. I am graduating with my BS in Exercise Science in December. How much would it hurt me to not retake the second half?! I could really use the time for observation hours, personal statement, and applications, as well as putting that money towards fall quarter. (I am going to a private school, super expensive, not the best choice, struggling to pay with max loans taken out :/ ) I would love to hear everyones thoughts and advice. I am freaking out!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!

Yes retake AP 2 and try to get an A in it. I would consider AP the major class OT schools look at. I would maybe look at comm colleges too.

A C in AP would be an issue at my school (probably least competitive in OT lol).

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I know what you mean! I had to re-take A&P since I had taken it in more than 5 years ago and some programs have an expiration date. I suggest you take it. You have a really good GPA, but if you can get an A, that's even better. Try to get more observation hours during the summer. It may be tough because that's when other people are looking to do their hours, too. I recommend emailing places you are interested in now so your name is first on the list for Fall. Facilities lose a lot of volunteers and employees after the summer when they go off to school.
I know it can be frustrating and stressful. But you can do it! Last year, I was in your shoes...working 40 hours/week, volunteering, taking classes, and working on applications. It was tough, but it was worth it. I start my OT program in the fall and am so excited! Don't sell yourself short!
Try taking the class at a CC. They are cheaper and sometimes they can give you a waiver if you provide proof of low-income.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

Definitely retake the second part too... Most schools require a B and above for prereqs especially A&P.!!You will reaaaaally be limiting urself if u apply with that C!!

Thank you for your advice! I am in the first week of taking the second half!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users