pre-opt student organizations to join?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alliecat415

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school does not have a pre-opt. club I can join. In fact, I tried to start one and got no response. I know there are cool organizations like VOSH for current optometry students, but is there anything out there besides just individual school clubs that students can join? Alternatively, does anyone know of pre-opt clubs at colleges that allow students from other schools to join if they are in my situation (like just to get on the mailing list at least, for networking, finding out about volunteer opportunities, etc.) PM me if you have info regarding the latter.

Members don't see this ad.

My university does not have a pre-opt club but do have AED and pre AMSA.
An e-mail was recently sent to all pre-health students at my university to join and dean invited all pre health (chiropractorm, medical, optometry, etc.) to join. I'm will probably try to join in the fall. You may want to see these organizations exist at your school.

Hey what school do you go to?

My school does not have a pre-opt. club I can join. In fact, I tried to start one and got no response. I know there are cool organizations like VOSH for current optometry students, but is there anything out there besides just individual school clubs that students can join? Alternatively, does anyone know of pre-opt clubs at colleges that allow students from other schools to join if they are in my situation (like just to get on the mailing list at least, for networking, finding out about volunteer opportunities, etc.) PM me if you have info regarding the latter.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's AED?

It's a pre-health organization.
I am having trouble finding the AED site on my university's website and on google. I've seen the link to the site somewhere before but forgot where it was. I will post a link if I find it.