Pre Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Super911

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 40, I have raised a family and now wanting to go back to school and finish what I started 2 decades ago. I want to go to Med School eventually, perhaps specialize in some type of research or pediatrics. My question is, I have yrs of college from 20 yrs ago when I was a fresh out of highschool, don't want to study kid. The GPA from that effort is really low. Should I (1) Start from scratch? and (2) Do Med schools like to take students as old as I will be after getting my undergraduate degree???

------------------
Cheryl

Members don't see this ad.

The older you get, the harder it will be...especially for traditional allopathic programs. Check out the osteopathic schools. They are far more open minded and value "life experiences" for those of us who are 'chronoligically challenged.' I am 3rd or 4th oldest in my MS1 class at age 33. The oldest is circa 41.

I would strongly suggest you start at square one. Believe me, things have changed! The things we learned when we were originally in Ugrad land have been improved upon immensely. Start over! I did, and it paid off in the end.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03