Pre med jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floatingribs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a good job for a pre med and what would constitute it? I've been volunteering in ER registration for 2 years now and a per diem shift just opened up, but is an ER registrar look good? I don't want to do a CNA b/c i don't have the time and same with the EMT (course overloads till i graduate at this point and i already work 1 part time and tutor on weekends). There are also a couple of scribe positions available I'm applying to.

But I'll probably get the ER registrar job b/c I already know how to do there job lol and lots of customer service experience from other jobs, but does it not look good b/c I'm not necessarily dealing with like vitals etc and medical terminology? I'll definitely be immersed in the hospital environment but I'm not sure what qualifies as a good job to med schools.

Members don't see this ad.

The easier one (as far as requirements to apply and work) and probably the best one out there is scribing. You learn a lot about the clinical side of medicine (patient care and patient healer interaction), and clerical side (paperwork, consults, "behind the scenes"). It's a good experience. Pays little, but pays.

but would the ER registrar still be considered clinical exposure or no? (it pays $15/hr and 10% increase if I work nights). I'm going to keep applying to scripe positions but they're so hard to get.

Take that $15/hr! Scribe jobs are great but the known companies pay little. Sounds like the candle is burning brightly at both ends. Try not to burn out.