Pre-Med classes at Ivy League school during summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

val.surg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a freshman at a huge public unversity in the midwest. I would love to attend an Ivy League school during the summer for 2-3 classes to boost my resume and help me with my pre-med requisites.

Is that possible? Is there any programs that allow me to do that? Is that a good idea, to begin with? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

More trouble than it's worth tbh. The only benefit you'll get is the "experience", which really isn't worth too much

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Enroll at Penn Summer at UPenn! I just filled in my application and received an acceptance letter. I'll be taking some post-bacc classes there starting in May. Just make sure it's affordable to you. In my opinion, a few Ivy classes can't hurt you. You can see if you like the school and tack in off or on your 'to apply to' list in the future. If you find you enjoy the school, campus, and teaching styles, then you might want to stay. Also, it's a good opportunity for networking.

Penn Summer

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking prereqs at an Ivy League School doesn’t significantly boost a resume. If you take them at your school and do well, then that should be enough. The problem is if you take them at a community college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Not worth the money. Find some meaningful work/volunteer experiences to do during the summer

Thank you guys for the feedback! It's really appreciated.