Pre M1 summer program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaw93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The school I am likely to attend is offering a 3-4 week summer program for students to get early exposure to class material before the semester starts. It sounds like the program is intesnive and tries to mimic class as much as possible while covering historically difficult M1 topics to give certain students a chance to get adjusted and more prepared.

The program is for non-trads, m1's with families, non-science majors, or people who have been out of school for a while.

I did well in my science classes but I have been out of school for a year and was a non-science major. Does anyone have any experience with programs like these and would you suggest it for some one in my situation. How beneficial are programs like this to students?

Members don't see this ad.

Waste of time for the vast majority of people. You have to really be out of the "being a student" for a while for something like this to have any meaningful effect.

Reactions: 2 users
My school has a program like this, and although the people who typically do it are non-trads, career changers, or people with families/children that want a bit of a head start, there are also several traditional students who do it. I haven't met a person who regretted doing it, but it's really personal preference. It's a way to get used to a new place, get used to a new way to study, and make some friends before the fire hydrant opens after matriculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
X

Last edited:
I will be moving across the country for school so the idea of getting settled before school starts is appealing. If I can figure out how I effectively study and methods that work for me it could be a huge plus to starting school on the right foot.

But I also understand how precious the summer time before school is and I would hate to prematurely cut that short.