Pre-interview update: corrected proofs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

operaman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In light of the discussion about people putting fake pubs/research on their application...

An article that was listed as "accepted" is now in press and I sent back the corrected proofs to the publisher.

No PMID yet.

Thoughts on sending a pdf of the corrected proofs pre-interview?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do it. You can bring the proofs to the interview when you come, but otherwise, don't contact them about it. It's not a big enough of a change to make a difference.

Now, if you hadn't published something and then it got accepted, that might be worth an update. Maybe.

In light of the discussion about people putting fake pubs/research on their application...

An article that was listed as "accepted" is now in press and I sent back the corrected proofs to the publisher.

No PMID yet.

Thoughts on sending a pdf of the corrected proofs pre-interview?

Thank you!

Wouldn't bother. Accepted v in press is a relatively meaningless distinction to the programs. Also some journals are notoriously cranky about proofs being confidential/embargoed so I wouldn't send out the PDF to every program.

Reactions: 1 user