pre-dents that have done postbac/masters/etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Illstartmydiet2maro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im kind of in a dilemma. I have a 3.4 overall and a 3.5 science OFFICIAL on my schools transcript. after AADSAS did its calculation of gpa my overall went to a 3.38.... Now I am debating if i should pat 4000$ just to go take a few extra classes at my school just so I can get a 3.45 so AADSAS can show me as a 3.4.. but I'm confused about how extra classes is viewed on AADSAS?

for those of you that have taken additional classes after your undergrad, when AADSAS calculates your gpa, does it just average the two GPAS? or does it just add those classes to your undergrad gpa and calculate that?? like if i have a 3.3 and I get a 4.0 in postbac, will my overall GPA change to a 3.65???? or would a 3.3 just go to like a 3.34???

please help.
thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Masters student applying this cycle, and on my official pdf of the aadsas my entire GPA is calculated together at the end. But it does have headings prior that say "Freshman", "Sophomore", "Junior", "Senior", "Baccalaureate", "Post-baccalaureate", "Cumulative Undergraduate" and "Graduate". It then has an "Overall" GPA. So it has each year GPA listed out and then adds up to your "Cumulative Undergraduate" (mine is 3.29) and then the "Graduate" is sepparate (mine is a 3.71) and then the overall is both of those together (mine is a 3.33).

From what I have been told by admissions representatives and other advisors is that schools look for improvement over time along with their "minimum required GPA" (or whatever they actually call it) and that is why there are individual GPAs listed.

It also has subject GPAs, School total GPAs, and various other calculations. I hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on how many units you took. My graduate GPA was factored into my oGPA and I was pleasantly surprised to see the bump.

나의 XT1575 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

So im kind of in a dilemma. I have a 3.4 overall and a 3.5 science OFFICIAL on my schools transcript. after AADSAS did its calculation of gpa my overall went to a 3.38.... Now I am debating if i should pat 4000$ just to go take a few extra classes at my school just so I can get a 3.45 so AADSAS can show me as a 3.4.. but I'm confused about how extra classes is viewed on AADSAS?

for those of you that have taken additional classes after your undergrad, when AADSAS calculates your gpa, does it just average the two GPAS? or does it just add those classes to your undergrad gpa and calculate that?? like if i have a 3.3 and I get a 4.0 in postbac, will my overall GPA change to a 3.65???? or would a 3.3 just go to like a 3.34???

please help.
thanks!!

Straight from my verified application:
Baccalaureate: Quality Points - 415.1, Graded Hours - 117.21, GPA Score - 3.54
Post-Baccalaureate: Quality Points - 143.4, Graded Hours - 38.00, GPA Score - 3.77
Overall: Quality Points - 558.5, Graded Hours- 155.21, GPA Score - 3.60

I'm not a math major, but it looks like a weighted average. I have no idea how many graded hours you have taken, but that will be the determining factor on how much of a bump your post-bac classes will give you.