PPS Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm all signed up for PPS - looking at PGY2s and jobs. For PGY2s do I need to have completed applications in, or can I just use this as a prelim meet and greet, and choose to apply further to programs I like?

I guess that's a ditto for jobs.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm all signed up for PPS - looking at PGY2s and jobs. For PGY2s do I need to have completed applications in, or can I just use this as a prelim meet and greet, and choose to apply further to programs I like?

I guess that's a ditto for jobs.

Meet, greet, and choose to go further with those that have what you are looking for.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey im bout to graduate and im looking at residency programs and ill be at mid-year, but do i have to do that pps stuff? excuse my ignorance...

if im not mistaken, is that the thing we do to sign up for the match? when do yall think i should sign up for pps?

hey im bout to graduate and im looking at residency programs and ill be at mid-year, but do i have to do that pps stuff? excuse my ignorance...

if im not mistaken, is that the thing we do to sign up for the match? when do yall think i should sign up for pps?

PPS is not the same as the Match. It's just a way to meet employers and get preliminary interviews at Midyear. Don't sign up for PPS if you're looking for a PGY-1. I did last year and found it to be a big waste of time and money. It's probably a good idea if you're looking for a PGY-2, though.

The Match is how residents are assigned to residencies. It is mandatory if you want to do a residency. You sign up for the Match here: http://www.natmatch.com/ashprmp/

ahhhh, ok. so when do yall think I should actually register for the match? now? or like during/after mid-year?

man, i feel bad... i just changed this thread into "ashp residency match" not pps prep... sorry

ahhhh, ok. so when do yall think I should actually register for the match? now? or like during/after mid-year?

If you know for sure you will apply for residency, then go ahead and apply for the match now.

Should I be listing pharmacy school rotations in my CV if I am applying to PGY2 positions?

a lot of the residency programs im applying to (2yr residencies) say doing pps isnt a bad idea, so i went ahead and register... anyways, im really frustrated in the whole resume inputing on the website...

i know they suggest what to put in there but how specific/non specific should it be?

the stuff the said to include in the resume doesnt show my strongest points.

suggestions?

I don't really know what to tell you. The resume I posted looks pretty "meh" compared to my CV. So when I message someone on there, I also e-mail them a copy of my CV.