Potential Interview Overlap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOWFan2757

Reaction score
Hi all, so I recently just got an invitation to interview to a school in two weeks. I would love to go however another school I applied to has interviews scheduled for early December and I would prioritize that school over the one I already got an invite too. My preferred school has yet to send me anything regarding interviews or a rejection. Should I email my preferred school about timelines of invitations/rejections? I was even thinking of saying something along the lines of " the reason I am asking is because I got an invite to another school, however before I accept, I wanted to make sure your interviews do not overlap because I would prefer your program over theirs". What do y'all think?

Members don't see this ad.

I would prioritize the interview offer you already have over one you don’t have yet.

Reactions: 1 users
It wouldn't hurt to email your preferred school to ask about their notification date, but I probably wouldn't mention the part about the other interview. They know students are busy as is so it's pretty reasonable to just want an update.