Posting rules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems to me, we have talked about nearly everything on this forum.

Yet recently a topic got moved to the “off-topic” forum.

So what off-topic threads are permitted?

I only ask because I would love to hear thoughts on this wonderful little article.

Parenthetically, I just love Jonathan Haight.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting quote below:
  • "It is the anti-racist policy of my lab to judge people entirely on their merits. Students are admitted to the lab based entirely on their achievements and qualifications, regardless of their racial or other demographic backgrounds. This is transcendentally anti-racist because it makes no important decisions based on race, and focuses like a laser on people's actual or potential contributions. It treats people as individuals, not as category symbols. It is maximally inclusive because it includes anyone qualified to join the lab, regardless of their demographics. It maximizes 'equity' by providing opportunities to succeed for all students with sufficient background to join the lab."

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting quote below:
  • "It is the anti-racist policy of my lab to judge people entirely on their merits. Students are admitted to the lab based entirely on their achievements and qualifications, regardless of their racial or other demographic backgrounds. This is transcendentally anti-racist because it makes no important decisions based on race, and focuses like a laser on people's actual or potential contributions. It treats people as individuals, not as category symbols. It is maximally inclusive because it includes anyone qualified to join the lab, regardless of their demographics. It maximizes 'equity' by providing opportunities to succeed for all students with sufficient background to join the lab."

It’s pure happenstance that the only students with “sufficient background” happen to be the blond hair, blue eyed, white, male progeny of my golf buddies.