Post your primal scream here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DownonthePharm

Chillin' n Fillin'
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One week to go until the PCAT. I dont know why Im so fizzled out. Maybe because I also have two (yes TWO) Human Phsyiology tests next week, because I have to drive 1.5 hours to take the darn thing, because I havent taken a standardized test like this in five years, my house is a mess, my portable CD player broke, and because my lawn mower wont start and I HAVE to mow the lawn.

So here's my scream:

B4348.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

heres mine:

Rawwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

what time is the test?
I have no idea which building the test is located either in my school -.-!

EEEEKKKKKK!

okay so i dont have a good scream. its loud and high pitched and you dont want to be around when it comes out!

PCAT--starts at 8am...not cool.... :eek:

DownonthePharm said:
One week to go until the PCAT. I dont know why Im so fizzled out. Maybe because I also have two (yes TWO) Human Phsyiology tests next week, because I have to drive 1.5 hours to take the darn thing, because I havent taken a standardized test like this in five years, my house is a mess, my portable CD player broke, and because my lawn mower wont start and I HAVE to mow the lawn.

So here's my scream:

B4348.jpg

you'll be fine.

just try not to think about it much until you walk into the classroom.

Members don't see this ad :)
DownonthePharm said:
So here's my scream:

I swear I heard that all the way down here in south Texas!!

I sympathize with you! I've been where you are lots of times. I had to learn to ignore the house and forget the lawn. Concentrate on your A&P tests.

The drive to the PCAT was about what I had to do...it's great for vegging out and calming the mind. Believe me, the test is not as hard as we all imagine before taking it.

Good Luck!

GuRURUururururhhrgggrgrggrrhhhlllllelelele... <------sound of me drowning in my anxiety

In the immortal words of Howard Dean.....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

KUMoose said:
In the immortal words of Howard Dean.....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

speaking of h. dean....don't drink any caffeine before the exam!!! or take any uppers. I am sure dean uses both before his pep rallys.

As it is with most big tests in my life, I sense that I'll be up late tonight and up early tomorrow. I really enjoy this, because I have no life, so any excuse to go to bed early tomorrow night is really a good thing... :rolleyes:

Good luck tomorrow folks!

Just got back from the PCAT. WHew. I wondered what impressions other test takers had of the test?

Here is what I thougt:

Verbal Ability- About what I expected. Finished with plenty of time.
Reading Comprehension- This one worried me, especially the last reading sample. Usually I fly through Verbal Ability sections on standardized tests, but this one kicked my butt. I have no idea why... maybe I was just tired? But I had to rush to finish and I didn't feel good about it. At all.
Biology- Not too bad. I finished, though not with any time to re-check answers.
Math- This one sucked ass. The problems were not hard, there were just too freakin' many of them. She called "Five minutes" and I had about 20 problems left. That really sucked. All I can hope is that the ones I did do, I did correctly. I had to just fill in the bubbles for the last 15 or so. Damn.
Chemistry- This section was a lot easier than I expected. Not easy, but not impossible. The problems weren't that bad, but again, there were just SO MANY to do in the amount of time given. I went through them as fast as possible, and this time only had 5 problems left at the "Five minute" call. I feel lukewarm about this section. I don't want to know how many dumb mistakes I made because I was rushing.
Essay- I feel OK abuot the essay. I hope that organization and style count for more than what you actually say, though. My topic was "Suggest a solution to the problem of voter apathy." I think it was well organized, and had great style, but the argument I made was pretty dumb. Eh.

What did everyone else think? Was I alone in thinking that the math was crazy? Not exactly hard problems, but hard to finish even half of in the allocated time? :scared:

Whew. Time to relax now!

Good luck everyone!

Hey DHG -- big ups on taking the test today! If it was your first time taking the exam, think about taking it again in October depending on your score. The test was similar to the one I took in January, particularly the vocabularly section, and this time unlike last I destroyed the Biology. I overprepared this time and feel I did really well. I had my anatomy/hormones/neurotransmitters down pat. I like math, so that went okay -- not much calculus. Chemistry was cool as you said. The only section I'm concerned about is Reading. The writing portion was an essay on how to solve voter apathy. The exact same topic I had to write a thesis on for political science. :D

crossjb said:
Hey DHG -- big ups on taking the test today! If it was your first time taking the exam, think about taking it again in October depending on your score. The test was similar to the one I took in January, particularly the vocabularly section, and this time unlike last I destroyed the Biology. I overprepared this time and feel I did really well. I had my anatomy/hormones/neurotransmitters down pat. I like math, so that went okay -- not much calculus. Chemistry was cool as you said. The only section I'm concerned about is Reading. The writing portion was an essay on how to solve voter apathy. The exact same topic I had to write a thesis on for political science. :D

Lucky dog! It was my first time taking it. I really feel OK about everything except the math. I like math, too. I didn't think the problems were hard, but I just can't go through them that fast! I'll consider taking it again pending the outcome, but I'm not giving Harcourt any more money if my scores are "okay." I think my GPA and experience will be enough to overcome an average PCAT score. But here is me keeping my fingers crossed anyhow -----> :luck:

So you finished the math in plenty of time? Do you have a built-in calculator-brain, or something? :laugh:

Here is how I thought the test was:

Verbal Ability: Easiest Section on there, most people in my testing center (about 40 people) finished in half the time.
Biology: The second easiest section, I thought. Even if you only had a one semester survey course in Biology, you would have probably gotten at least 75% right. Also, I noticed most people finished ahead of time, infat one person two seats a head of me had a substantial nap after this one.
Reading Comprehension: I finished this early too, but I would call this one the hardest section. I reviewed all my answers at least once, but I was still unsure about almost all of them. It seemed for almost every single question, 3 or all 4 of the choices were right, you just have to find the best one. Very few choices could just be eliminated as totally out there answers. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the worst score for a lot of people.
Quantative Ability Math questions were pretty easy, took me a little longer than most people to answer then, since the last math class I had was more than two years ago. I didn't finish about 10 of these.
Chemistry I was happy to see there weren't many calculations in this section. I was expecting a ton of converting grams to moles and stuff, but there wasn't much there. The organic chemistry was real basic, and would have been covered in the organic chemistry chapter in a freshman chemistry classs. It didn't go much beyond nomenclature. This one along with the Math section seemed to have everyone strained for time.
Essay You are either good at writing or not, there is no real way to study for an essay. I was expecting to see something about biology or chemistry, not about voter apathy, but I think that was a good question.

Here's my debriefing:

Verbal Ability: This was super easy, except for the one analogy I kept reading emphatic as empathic and wondering why none of the answers made sense. Plenty of time to finish, check my work and go to the bathroom.
Biology: I also thought this was pretty easy. Lots of repeating type questions on cellular respiration related issues. Nothing on hormones or that ilk. Only one or two thought provoking questions.
Reading Comprehension: The first two passages seemed very very dull. I enjoyed the garlic. I am like a super speed reader so I actually had time to go back and read EVERYTHING again, and I caught some dumb answers on the first section. There did seem to be a few questions were more than one answer looked right, but you had to pick the "best" one I guess.
Quantative Ability: I can't believe I actually answered all the questions! I flat out guessed on about 4 of them, but for the most part MUCH easier than I expected.
Chemistry: Very few calculations or periodic trend things. Not too much orgo. A few :confused: questions but not too many.
Essay: Voter apathy. Silly question but easy to write some pretty garble about. I finished with about 5 minutes to spare.

Overall: I rolled it up and smoked it! :D