Post residency interviews expenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xavier2000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a cautionary tale - I don't know if this is common or I am the lucky one....

I went on a handful of interviews in the first half of my 4th year. Expenses were incurred and many were covered ahead of time by the various employers. Some (airport parking, miles, some ticket changes, some hotels) I paid for.

Consistently many of the systems were extremely difficult to pay. 4+ month delays were common with various hospitals with excuses that were just so cartoony in nature.

One large hospital corporation was consistently the most difficult to deal with. This is one with say more than 25 facilities and I visited a few of their hospitals. Reimbursements from this corporation were handled locally but were uniformly difficult to get reimbursement from.

So the word of caution to those doing it after me - be prepared for difficulty and be persistent. In the end, the one I went with was the easiest to deal with on reimbursement. They also paid before I made my decision. The worst offender has totally ignored me and still owes about $1200 (they are not part of the large corporation referenced above).

Members don't see this ad.