post rank list depression

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carol ann

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I've managed to avoid post-partum depression, but now that I have pretty much finalized my rank list, I have the blues. My obsessive comparisons and inner dialogue are now over, so I HAVE NOTHING TO F'ing THINK ABOUT. I suppose I could study, but how absurd is that!

HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

LOL..I know what you mean though I haven't submitted my list yet; I am quite comfortable with my #1-5 choices, but am still obsessing about the issues I have with some of the things about potential programs 6-10. With my OCD tendencies, I'm pretty sure I'm still going to be mulling over the last few I rank and driving everyone around me crazy AFTER I submit the damn list! Please help the sad souls of SDN get a life!! :p

carol ann said:
OK, so I've managed to avoid post-partum depression, but now that I have pretty much finalized my rank list, I have the blues. My obsessive comparisons and inner dialogue are now over, so I HAVE NOTHING TO F'ing THINK ABOUT. I suppose I could study, but how absurd is that!

HELP!

Yes, studying would be absurd at this point.
I'm usually very laid back; but this waiting for 2 months is already making me neurotic and I've started to compulsively think of my rank list. I'd rather sit here and wait for my step 1 scores.

:eek:

The whole period of residency applications has been the absolute worst time of my life thus far. I feel like the stress and pain will never end.