Post-match scramble references

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meowpill

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am preparing for the scramble process coming up on Monday. I have a new reference who is more than willing to provide me with a recommendation (hopefully) by the end of the day Monday. However, I was looking to submit my applications as soon as it opens at 12noon EDT.

My main question is, if my reference has not submitted the recommendation by 12noon EDT on Monday, will I still be able to select/use the new recommendation when applying for programs? If so, will it negatively impact my application since I don't have a "completed" recommendation yet? If everything goes well, the recommendation should be completed by the end of the business day on Monday, but I'm just unsure if the 5-6 hours of "incomplete" recommendation may hurt my chances.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I would not worry about the recommendation as it can go in after the application. Just get your application in first because the sooner you get that piece in, the better. Those initial few hours will be critical because everyone will be trying to get their app in right when it opens.

Reactions: 1 users
I appreciate the advice! That is my game plan on noon Monday! I will be counting down like new years eve!