Post Labor Day volumes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zarniwoop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Usually there is a volume drop right around Labor Day, but then typically work gets crazy immediately after, right to Christmas-time. This year the volume hasn't picked up. Am I an outlier, or are other people seeing this? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think there is a pandemic going on or something...

I don't anticipate volumes going back to normal levels for long time.

It is hell getting some supplies anyways. Seems like every week there is a new item I have to ration. This week I was told they can't get my coveralls that I wear to surgery.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure, but June-July was very busy, and the pandemic was happening then too.

That was what they were projecting. Initial surge followed by the new reality.

I am told our big academic hospital has leveled off at about 90% normal. Which is actually a pretty big problem.

My hospital numbers haven't dropped at all... but then again I am at a location where there was only 1 covid death since March in the whole county...

It’s an uneven recovery for us. Outreach has returned to normal, but hospital volume is about 70% of what it was.

Off a few hundred K for the year, not too bad, but grant money helped...i think my Q2 estimates for Apr & May were exactly the same as my recent Q3 estimates, hopefully collections are past the COVID peak.

yah and imagine this -10-20% volume drop is paired with a -11% reimbursement drop??

Like what will happen...in a few months....