Post June PCAT scores! How did you prepare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timbutt2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Verbal 474 99
Biology 461 98
Reading 428 87
Quant. 409 68
Chem 423 83
Comp. 439 97

Writing
Conv of lang. 4
Prob. Solv 3.5

I took Kaplan's practice test. I used the Barrons PCAT book and the REA Interactive flash cards. I took Harcourt's pre-test a couple of days prior. I also went to a math tutor twice (incl/ the day before the test)-which did minimal good.

Members don't see this ad.

where do i get the Harcourt's pre-test material??any one please??
I am new at the site and will be taking PCAT in AUgust?

Please help me out??

Verbal 474 99
Biology 461 98
Reading 428 87
Quant. 409 68
Chem 423 83
Comp. 439 97

Writing
Conv of lang. 4
Prob. Solv 3.5

I took Kaplan's practice test. I used the Barrons PCAT book and the REA Interactive flash cards. I took Harcourt's pre-test a couple of days prior. I also went to a math tutor twice (incl/ the day before the test)-which did minimal good.

So, I'm pleased with the multiple choice, but confused about the writing scores!

Verbal: 98
Biology:94
Reading: 99
Quantitative: 73 :(
Chemistry: 94
Composite: 98

Writing: 2.0/3.0
How do they score the writing? I have been published in Pharmacology journals, and I have a perfect score on any other standardized writing test (SATII, AP English, etc). I can write, so I feel like this is totally bogus. Is it worth retaking the test to bring up the writing?

There is dedicated and driven and then there is anal retentive.

You got a 98. 2 points shy of perfection....and you are asking if you should retake it? :confused:

If you do, put my name on it. :laugh: